Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ,

What about if I choose to change job- career as A Critical skills visa holder .
The problem is that I do not like my current job anymore .(The one that my CSV is based on) and It's impossible to stay there I feel trapped to be honest and I really would like to check my options .
I am not sure a if I had to apply once again (as job in a totally different field)or there are some quick solutions first not working for them and of course not having troubles in general ?

Any information or better experience will be much appreciated

Take Care

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi there ,

What about if I choose to change job- career as A Critical skills visa holder .
The problem is that I do not like my current job anymore .(The one that my CSV is based on) and It's impossible to stay there I feel trapped to be honest and I really would like to check my options .
I am not sure a if I had to apply once again (as job in a totally different field)or there are some quick solutions first not working for them and of course not having troubles in general ?

Any information or better experience will be much appreciated

Take Care
Why don't you apply for PR based on your critical skills? It looks like the turn around for those is pretty quick and then you can change jobs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
DHA does not allow for a change of conditions on a CSV. If you want to change careers you'll have to go through the whole qualifying process again.

As the previous poster said, apply for PR, it takes 3-4 months based upon exceptional skills

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok ,I really did not know that it was quicker.but the most important for Me at his point is to stop working there Asap....
In this case do I still be able to apply for PR ,not sure if even my CSV will still be valid ?

Thank u

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Konstantinos,
How'd you go with this? I am applying to come to SA with CSV but my long term plan is to change occupations...so I was also looking at the PR option

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys i want to know when submitting a CSV application. Does the employer need to include Registration dcoument CK and Tax Clearance or is not neccessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DHA does not allow for a change of conditions on a CSV. If you want to change careers you'll have to go through the whole qualifying process again.

As the previous poster said, apply for PR, it takes 3-4 months based upon exceptional skills
"DHA does not allow for a change of conditions on a CSV" - Are you sure? I have a 1-year CSV obtained from my home country and after securing a job I will now be applying for a 5-year CSV. I've been advised to apply under 'Change of Conditions' (and not 'Renewal') by several people. Would you say that's incorrect? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts