Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have just lodged a subclass 175 independent application. my skills are on CSL , mechanical engineer. I was wondering does any one has recently gone through this process and how long does it take before I will be assigned a case officer ?

Also, do I upload the medicals and police checks straight away or should I wait for the case officer to instruct me ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
A CO will be assigned to your case in 2-3 months. have a look at the timeline thread, that will give you an idea about various peoples timeline, when they applied and when they got a CO.

Regarding the It is completely your call, the initial entry date depends on when u get your Meds and PCC done. if you will be ready to move the moment you get the visa then it is worth it, else wait for the CO. once you have a CO you can get both done, you save about 2-3 months

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A CO will be assigned to your case in 2-3 months. have a look at the timeline thread, that will give you an idea about various peoples timeline, when they applied and when they got a CO.

Regarding the It is completely your call, the initial entry date depends on when u get your Meds and PCC done. if you will be ready to move the moment you get the visa then it is worth it, else wait for the CO. once you have a CO you can get both done, you save about 2-3 months

Hi Anj. thank you so much for the reply. So, if I upload the police checks and medicals right now, that wont do any harm ? right ?

also, I am still little confused as to how would I upload the medical files ? wont that be on paper ? would I scan those or does the doctor sends those directly to Adelaide processing center ?

again, I appreciate your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
For Pakistan, You have to wait for CO request for medicals. The Doctors will not entertain you unless you present the CO request letter.
It is therefore recommednded that Police verification is also done when CO requests for that.

Regards
Roofi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I dont know if the docs allow medicals before being asked for it.. but if you do get them the doc has to send the medicals or they give you a sealed envelop which you do not have to open and is couriered to DIAC. as for PCC yes its a stamp on the pp which ahs to be scanned and emailed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know if the docs allow medicals before being asked for it.. but if you do get them the doc has to send the medicals or they give you a sealed envelop which you do not have to open and is couriered to DIAC. as for PCC yes its a stamp on the pp which ahs to be scanned and emailed.

thank you roofi and anj1976 for the replies. I have one more question. Does my wife need to appear for IELTS ? I mean is it mandatory ? I have not used any of her qualifications for claiming my points.

·
Registered
98 Posts
thank you roofi and anj1976 for the replies. I have one more question. Does my wife need to appear for IELTS ? I mean is it mandatory ? I have not used any of her qualifications for claiming my points.
Hi,

I hope this helps:-

Application Lodged and Received by DIAC on 8th October 2009

Email from DIAC (Case Officer Team 5) to get my medicals done and police checks done on 21st January 2010, and reply them within 28 days.

For Police Checks, the certificates you can scan and email to your case officer.

Whereas for the Medical Records (in Malaysia), the Doctors will send the report FOR YOU by courier service (they seem to know where and how to send it). If I am not mistaken, you are not allowed to send the medical record yourself. It has to be done by the Doctor (DIAC probably does not want you to tamper with the report).

And it is advisable that you ONLY DO the medical checks and police checks WHEN your case officer informs you to (Please read the immigration website regarding this matter. They SPECIFICALLY tell you NOT TO do the Police checks and Medical Check up UNTIL you are asked to do it by your case officer.... you don't wanna piss them off by not adhering to them, k? haha).

As for IELTS, I am a Visa 175 (Accountant), and my wife is a housewife. We both have to sit for IELTS. I need to score 7.5, while she only needs a 6.0 (or is it less) to pass... but thankfully she got a 7.5....

Hope I didn't talk to much...

Btw... My Police Checks have been scanned and emailed to my case officer on 29th January 2010, and my doctor has JUST couriered me and my family's medical results to DIAC yesterday (3rd February 2010).

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your wife has Bachelors Degree and she has studied in English medium through out her education then no need for IELTS. In case not, then she has to sit for IELTS or you will have to pay some additional amount to DIAC.

Regards
Roofi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your wife has Bachelors Degree and she has studied in English medium through out her education then no need for IELTS. In case not, then she has to sit for IELTS or you will have to pay some additional amount to DIAC.

Regards
Roofi
guys thank you so much for the answers. two more. I have a certificate of experience issued by employer for which I am currently working. Is that enough as an evidence of employment or should there be anything else other than that to satisfy that requirement.

Also, I have applied on 28 Jan, 2010 and received my TRN on 29 Jan. I am planning to quit the job in a month or so. My assumption is that this would come under the category of change of circumstances and should I inform the DIAC immediately once I leave the job ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Add reference letters, payslips, and bank statement showing the salary credit. This will support your employment more.

I am not sure whether you have to inform DIAC on the employment change, but its good that you inform them, because they will verify your employment status once they start processing your application.

Regarding spouse IELTS, its better to take the IELTS exam. For spouse, she has to get 4.5 over all. I think if she knows english and studied in English medium, its easy to get 4.5.

guys thank you so much for the answers. two more. I have a certificate of experience issued by employer for which I am currently working. Is that enough as an evidence of employment or should there be anything else other than that to satisfy that requirement.

Also, I have applied on 28 Jan, 2010 and received my TRN on 29 Jan. I am planning to quit the job in a month or so. My assumption is that this would come under the category of change of circumstances and should I inform the DIAC immediately once I leave the job ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts