Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for taxes, again, and I can't seem to get through a "déclaration sur les revenus" without at least 1 question!

So, here goes: I know the "CSG" is the "contribution sociale généralisée," and I know that certain amounts come out of every paycheck for both the tax-deductible portion of our CSG contribution and the non-deductible portion. On our paycheck, the tax-duductible line comes before the "net imposable" sum line, meaning this has already been taken out... (which makes perfect sense).

But now, I'm filling out the 2024 declaration des revenus form, which is pre-filled out with certain numbers (préremplie simplifiée), and I see it is the NET revenu (net imposable) that is declared under salaries/revenus d'activité connus.

Which, now that I come to section no. 6, "charges déductibles," I'm confused. They are asking for "CSG déductible connue," which I have several thousands of euros worth of, BUT, it has already been pre-deducted, at the paycheck, from the net imposable. So, do I indicate my CSG deductible here? Or do I just enter "0" as the CSG deductible has already been taken into account, and declaring it here would be in effect declaring it twice?

The booklet that came with this document doesn't explain this at all, and it's not at all clear. (We never got an "avis sur les contributions sociales" for 2012, either, but that's maybe beside the point.)

Anyone know?

Thanks a million...

·
Administrator
49,103 Posts
If you got a form that was pre-rempli with your salary information, then it was also pre-rempli with the deductible portion of any CSG you paid over and above that taken out of your salary. This is primarily for those with other income - the kind that isn't subject to cotisations except for CSG. (Includes things like rents, investment income and, IIUC, pensions - at least those from outside France.)

Just leave the line blank if you haven't received any document telling you that you have a deductible amount. The box 6DE is only for deductible CSG on "sur les revenus du patrimoine."
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're a rock-star on here, Beth.

Right, and if "patrimoine" is what I think it is (estate/inheritance), then surely we are not concerned by that. Thanks!

But the larger point is that we DO NOT declare anything here that was already taken out of net imposable at the paycheck. I'm assuming the same logic would hold for payments/charges to retraites supplementaires et cotisations syndicales that are, possibly, deductible...

Thanks again, Beth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.