Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi so I applied for my passport they just got it today buy mail. I'm leaving on Friday and I don't know if I will get my passport on time could I use my Birth Certificate and my Utah ID card I'm going to pick my kids up they went to see there dad. And I have to get down there because it's 3 days on the bus from where they are to Tijuana with there dad. But he dose not have a passport or nothing my kids do. Would they let me go in and return with just my birth certificate and id card. Please let me know I'm leaving Friday afternoon :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not driving or flying I'm walking and getting my kids and walking out my friend is taking me but just to the border and waiting for me....

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
You need your passport, before you depart for Mexico.

Is this a situation where your children were taken into Mexico by your husband without your permission and you're attempting to take them back into the USA?

How did your children get passports and you didn't have one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Landford I got there passport like 4 years ago and I applied for my that time as well but got denied due to back child support but I got all that paid off I brang them down there not to to long ago and had no problems I applied again but they just received it this morning and my kids are on there way from Chiapas to Tijuana can I use my Birth Certificate and id and just tell them that I haven't received my passport yet but I have my birth certificate and id and ssn .......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And no he did not take my kids I brang them to see him because they wanted to see there daddy but they told me they don't know if I will get it in time buy next week

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
Who is accompanying your children as they travel from Chiapas to TJ? Whomever is accompanying them can simply walk them to the border, with their US Passports in-hand, they walk across the border ... and you meet them as they cross into the USA. If you entered Mexico "not to long ago" and re-entered the USA afterwards ... weren't you asked to show a US Passport at that point?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone has looked it up also and said I can use that to I mean like I said I went in 2014 and didn't have any problems with it and I went 3 times before

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No they didn't ask me but like I said I applied for my passport and I'm just waiting they can look up my application as well. And my kids are both 4 they can't cross buy themself with all there stuff. And my husband is not a US citizen so he can't do it....

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. However, maybe you should call the U.S. Consulate in TJ, explain your situation and ask if one of the staff can assist the children crossing the border to your custody.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I'm ganna go across they can't deny me from getting out of Tijuana because I'm a U.S. citizen so I have to do it for my kids they will get scared but do you have that number buy any chance so I can contact them

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
If you are stopped entering and asked to present passports, for yourself and the children, and you don't have yours ... you can be refused entry, apprehended, your children, under the worst case scenario, could be separated from you until your status is sorted-out, etc. You are suggesting irresponsible behavior on your part, IMO.

Address of the U.S. Consulate Tijuana:

Paseo de las Culturas s/n
Mesa de Otay
Delegación Centenario C.P. 22425
Tijuana, Baja California

U.S. Mailing Address:
American Consulate General
P.O. Box 439039
San Ysidro, CA 92143-9039

Telephone:
(664) 977-2000
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)

E-mail:
• American Citizen Services inquires: [email protected]

Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
7:30 - 16:15 hrs

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did it last year with no problems and 3 times before but I will call tomorrow and see what they say but if I did 4 times already with no problems they won't do anything this time either I see lost of post that people went across walking with just there ID that they didn't ask for a passport or birth certificate

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes. You can enter Mexico with no problem. It will be the return that will slow you down. As long as you tell the officer at the US border when you return that you have an application pending, the officer will run your ID, verify you have a passport application pending, and allow you to pass.

My stepson just did this in the last 3 months so I know it is possible to cross into Mexico and return with an ID. Going beyond the secondary checkpoint in Mexico is not possible without a Passport because you will need an FMM, but for Tijuana you can do this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much and I'm so excited to go and get my babies but that makes me feel better what you just told me

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I agree that it will be OK as long as you have your US ID and birth certificate to re-enter the USA, and that the children have US passports. It might also be wise to have their birth certificates with you

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.