Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am applying for Critical Skills (Nairobi,Kenya Embassy).

I have successfully registered with the professional body, (IITPSA - I'm a Computer Engineer).

However, body won't give a positive critical skills assessment.

The embassy wants this letter, so I am at loggerheads!! :confused2: All my other documents are on point!!

Has anyone provided the Directive 22 of 2014 amendment that allows you to APPLY while already being registered or in the reg.process WITHOUT THE LETTER. From what I gather from this directive is that the letter is unnecessary but only makes an application stronger.

Please feel free to share your success stories, tips, advice too help me and anyone else in the future! :)

P/S: I just joined, hope this post isn't redundant

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi fedup_,
Did you succeed in your application and what's the update? what's the list of documents did you submit?

What's your member grade with IITPSA? Also when you say they didn't give positive assessment, do you mean you applied for their CSV assessment and they didn't recommend you?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

I have successfully registered with the professional body, (IITPSA - I'm a Computer Engineer).

The embassy wants this letter, so I am at loggerheads!! :confused2: All my other documents are on point!!

Has anyone provided the Directive 22 of 2014 amendment that allows you to APPLY while already being registered or in the reg.process WITHOUT THE LETTER. From what I gather from this directive is that the letter is unnecessary but only makes an application stronger.

Please feel free to share your success stories, tips, advice too help me and anyone else in the future! :)

I will advice you to get that LETTER!!

The DHA will act on their old practices and trust me, u don't wanna be in my shoes. I was denied cos of this same letter and it took more than 1 year for my appeal to be finalized at DHA.
So bro, plz get that letter before u sent in ur application.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

Hi,

If you do not have the IITPSA critical skills assessment, its very much useful to provide the Directive 22..
I applied without confirmation letter and included a copy of directive 22 and i got CSV for 5 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will advice you to get that LETTER!!

The DHA will act on their old practices and trust me, u don't wanna be in my shoes. I was denied cos of this same letter and it took more than 1 year for my appeal to be finalized at DHA.
So bro, plz get that letter before u sent in ur application.
Hey man,

Do you know who helped you from ECSA with the letter. Think will be better to deal directly with a person, who has already issued one.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey man,

Do you know who helped you from ECSA with the letter. Think will be better to deal directly with a person, who has already issued one.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards.
No I don't knw. All I did was to go to ECSA and requested for the letter. You can do same by going to their office and requested for it.

Goodluck!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You don't need the letter, you only need proof of membership or application of membership and directive 22. DHA will have nothing to do with your application since you will be applying at the embassy. We got CSV with only proof of membership application plus directive 22 in Italy. Some bodies don't give the letter, which is the reason why directive 22 was issued in the first place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You don't need the letter, you only need proof of membership or application of membership and directive 22. DHA will have nothing to do with your application since you will be applying at the embassy. We got CSV with only proof of membership application plus directive 22 in Italy. Some bodies don't give the letter, which is the reason why directive 22 was issued in the first place.
I taught he is in the Republic. You need the letter if you are already here. Otherwise, I don't knw how it works outside South Africa.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My CSV permit was rejected initially cos of that letter. Then I appealed with the letter after I got it from ECSA and got a 5 year permit that will expire in 2021.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts