Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

Been a while since i posted in this forum... Thanks to help of "maddyoz" i am done with ACS assessment and its currently in "Stage 4 - In progress" Status.

I hope the results will be out there anytime :) While i am preparing for my IELTS which i plan to give it a shot in May-end, i would like to know on what basis should one decide on whether to apply for 175 - individual or 176 - State sponsorship.

Btw, i have applied for ACS under "Programmer Analyst" code and i work in BFSI sector in Mainframes.

I am sure many newbies like me would have the same question. I do understand that this question must have been asked plenty a times in this forum but i found that the information is too scattered.

It would be great if we can make separate categories...viz.. ACS, 175, 176, etc so that it becomes easy for people to read only those discussions.

As always, i am so very grateful to you & especially maddy for helping me out in ACS :)

Looking forward to your advice so that i can plan my visa petition accordingly !!

Regards,
Ananth

Reactions: MaddyOZ

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello Friends,

Been a while since i posted in this forum... Thanks to help of "maddyoz" i am done with ACS assessment and its currently in "Stage 4 - In progress" Status.

I hope the results will be out there anytime :) While i am preparing for my IELTS which i plan to give it a shot in May-end, i would like to know on what basis should one decide on whether to apply for 175 - individual or 176 - State sponsorship.

Btw, i have applied for ACS under "Programmer Analyst" code and i work in BFSI sector in Mainframes.

I am sure many newbies like me would have the same question. I do understand that this question must have been asked plenty a times in this forum but i found that the information is too scattered.

It would be great if we can make separate categories...viz.. ACS, 175, 176, etc so that it becomes easy for people to read only those discussions.

As always, i am so very grateful to you & especially maddy for helping me out in ACS :)

Looking forward to your advice so that i can plan my visa petition accordingly !!

Regards,
Ananth
It all depends on the ANZSCO code you get from ACS. There are two SOLs (Skilled Occupation List) - SOL 1 and SOL 2. CHeck this PDF - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

If your code exists in SOL 1 then you can apply for 175 & 176
If your code exists in SOL 2 then you can apply only for 176

ACS has the right to give you a different code than the one you have applied for. So wait for the results and then go ahead.

Reactions: pandaaram

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments :)

I have got a +ve assessment for the skill code 261311 (Programmer Analyst).

I think i am eligible for both 175 & 176. Did some research on pros and cons and i think i will go for 175 allowing me more time to think & plan rather than hurrying up with 176 and end up bonded to a state for 2 yrs. I am in no hurry to migrate to a diff country as yet.

Have a query though, while i submit the documents for DIAC, should i need to attach the IELTS score of my wife too?

Thanks,
Ananth

It all depends on the ANZSCO code you get from ACS. There are two SOLs (Skilled Occupation List) - SOL 1 and SOL 2. CHeck this PDF - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

If your code exists in SOL 1 then you can apply for 175 & 176
If your code exists in SOL 2 then you can apply only for 176

ACS has the right to give you a different code than the one you have applied for. So wait for the results and then go ahead.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hello Friends,

Regards,
Ananth
Congrats Ananth on passing the Step 1 successfully :)

Now look for IELTS and then determine which state you want to migrate in OZ.
If you are sure that you are in need of securing the PR visa ASAP and you did enough research on the state with the job prospects, you can then go ahead for 176. (NSW / VIC / WA / SA / QLD)

Check for the respective state migration website and if your occupation is in demand apply for State Sponsorship. (Refer the post state sponsorship website links)

If otherwise, make sure you get 65 points and apply 175 before June 30th.

Good Luck and All the best!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for your comments :)

I have got a +ve assessment for the skill code 261311 (Programmer Analyst).

I think i am eligible for both 175 & 176. Did some research on pros and cons and i think i will go for 175 allowing me more time to think & plan rather than hurrying up with 176 and end up bonded to a state for 2 yrs. I am in no hurry to migrate to a diff country as yet.

Have a query though, while i submit the documents for DIAC, should i need to attach the IELTS score of my wife too?

Thanks,
Ananth
Congrats on the +ve assessment from ACS!

Your wife would need to score at least 4.5 in each band to save yourself the second installment. Alternatively, if your wife has studied her graduation or PG in English medium and you can get a letter from the college/university mentioning this then it would work too. I provided a letter from my wife's college and it worked.

Reactions: pandaaram

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Maddy & Sruti !!

Seems i am running out of luck. I had registered for IELTS exam on 26-May as i felt ACS results might come a bit late.

I did try changing the dates (prepone to 12-May-12) unfortunately, the registrations are closed.

Option A:

1. Take up IELTS on 26-May
2. Try to score above 7.5
3. Results should be available by 10-June (13 calendar days)
4. File the Petition by 15-June. (Visa 175 Individual)
5. Will try to get a letter from my wife's university to prove the medium of education.

Option B:

If i get bad scores, then re-appear in the exam and subsequently apply for State Sponsorship.

As of now, i am in no hurry to migrate to Australia. I suppose it shouldn't be a problem for me to file 176 post July 1st.

I can use the time inbetween to do some research on the Job opportunities in each of the states and choose accordingly.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
Ananth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.