Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have read in some people's supporting documents lists that they include a criminal police check for applicant and sponsor.

1.- Is it compulsory to include criminal checks with the application? even for people that have not committed traffic offenses or any other type of crimes?

2.- If i include mine, does it help my application in some way?

My record is clean and clear. The reason i am asking is because if it is compulsory, i then will have to apply for one and then have the hassle of having it officially translated and i want to avoid if possible.

Please advice. Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you have no criminal offences you don't need a report saying you have none. Obtaining such a report will not have any impact on your application. It's best not to include unnecessary documents.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hiya Angelbub,

Even though as mentioned it isn't necessary for your visa application, depending on your work if you intend to work you might need one. I work in the schools and didn't know I needed a FBI background check along with a CRB(this is the background check in the UK). I had to wait 8 weeks In total for the FBI check to be processed and sent to me in the UK.

You may not need it, but it's just a thought. I would have been able to start work sooner if I had mine when I moved over.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Danng,

Thank you for your advice! it's well appreciated.

I think i will follow your advice, i mean i will not include it in my application supporting documents but if i get the visa, i will get a criminal check near the time i am about to leave to the UK just to have it in hand in case i apply for a job.

You have given me a great advice. Thank you for taking your time and help :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Cool and good luck with the process, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Just so you know the FBI check takes about 6-8 weeks to process unless they have changed their times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.