Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
For your info - the government has announced that surcharges for consumers paying by Credit or Debit cards
will be banned as from 1st January 2018.

This follows an EU directive which bans surcharges on card payments which comes into force next year.

BBC News - Credit & Debit card charges to be banned
Following Brexit, they will probably slap them all back on, with an extra charge to cover what they have missed, and more!

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Following Brexit, they will probably slap them all back on, with an extra charge to cover what they have missed, and more!
Who knows but I think its only right and fair that those detractors of the European Union who voted to leave
the EU, including some of the more fundamentalist Brexiteers from 'there will always be an England' regions
of Worthing.

Should declare they want no favours from the EU and insist on paying the Credit & Debit card surcharges as
well as the other EU benefits like mobile roaming charges, whenever they're presented with the bill.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
And following on I have just received this by email from a freind who watches the pennies and the financial markets very closely

https://pro.southbankresearch.com/p...01&u=27056&l=5041&r=MC2&vid=d6dxXi&g=0&h=true

At the end, a possible partial solution is revealed

"I recommend that everyone should may be not repay personal debt now but try to have the assets on hand to be able to do so when the Government finally manages to stoke inflation, and interest rates rise. There is also a case for keeping some cash or its equivalent in foreign currency in a place where the UK Govt cannot seize it or seize control of it by, for example, restricting access to your bank account as has happened not just in Argentina but Greece and Cyprus within the last five years=

1 - 4 of 4 Posts