Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum and Spain. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good credit cards deals available in Spain. I havent got much credit history as I have only been here a few weeks.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum and Spain. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good credit cards deals available in Spain. I havent got much credit history as I have only been here a few weeks.

Thanks
Dave
It seems very simple to get credit cards here - but they are expensive.

Sabadell issues them with NO annual fee.

We were given cards the same week that we arrived - no credit checks were undertaken or if they were, there was no history!

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Like many European countries, Spain isn't too keen on credit cards. Debit cards seem to be the norm.

My bank, Sabadell, takes out from my current account each month the whole amount I've spent on my credit card which pleases me as I always paid off my UK credit cards each month.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect the banks are very happy for you to spend on credit cards as they can charge the retailer a hefty fee. However they dont like you owing them money as there are concerns about you paying it back.

I would be happy if they want full payment each month. Sabadell seem the bank of choice so will look into their offerings.

One further question - does anyone know if when I use a Spanish credit card whether I need to have further proof of identity. I seem to remember requiring a passport when using a UK credit card in Spain in the past.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have a VISA card through Carrefour (called the Carrefour Pass). It has no annual fee and does not charge a surplus if it's used outside of the euro zone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts