Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am gearing up to apply for a marriage visa (switching from Tier 2) in the next few weeks. For the 'proof of living together' bit, do credit card statements count as part of the acceptable types of correspondence?

Here is what we're planning to submit, does this look strong enough? We unfortunately don't directly pay many of the bills, so slightly struggling here.

Items of correspondence (living together from May 2017)

• Joint:
1 x Tenancy Agreement (8 June 2017 – 7 June 2018)

• Addressed to Applicant:
1 x Bank statement (9/5/2017)
1 x Pension statement (31/5/17)
1 x Bank statement (6/6/2017)
1 x Letter from DVLA (13/6/2017)
1 x Credit card statement (13/6/17) (or should I switch this one with someone else - potentially an internet bill?)

• Addressed to Sponsor:
1 x Bank statement (4/5/17)
1 x Electoral registration confirmation letter (10/5/17)
1 x Bank letter (22/5/17)
1 x Dental treatment invoice (25/5/2017)
1 x Poll Card (8/6/17)

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
If you are applying for a marriage visa, then you don't need to show evidence of living together - you need to show arrangements for the wedding ceremony.

Lots of people don't live together before marriage.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Note that you married 6 months ago.

Looks like you lived in shared accommodation until May 2017?

If you only have evidence of living together since May 2017, then present what documentation evidence you can showing you both live at the current address.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have already been married for 6 months (I had already been in the country for a few years on a work visa), but only officially moved in together in May (4 months after we got married) - so I think we need to show evidence of living together since May..and provide an explanation about the first 4 months, I guess?

Thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.