Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been almost a life long smoker and a hater of all things to do with the Nanny State - I came to a decision today… I have been trying to give up smoking (2 packs a day) since February and am now surviving on 2 packs a week and an electronic cigarette. I have put on about half a stone in weight. Yesterday it was announced on the news that the UK government are 'tackling' obesity since they have had such success with smokers. The only reason obesity it taking off is because we (smokers) are giving up smoking and want to eat instead - watch out - the next target is those of us who are deemed to drink too much!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I think southcoastlady, who lives on the north coast, is using Facebook-speak - do you know what I mean? It's where you hint at what you might be saying, often cryptically, and wait to see who will enquire first what you're talking about.

By the way I can't find any news reference in my searches to "the news that the UK government are 'tackling' obesity since they have had such success with smokers." Perhaps southcoastlady will enlighten us.

Pete

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think southcoastlady, who lives on the north coast, is using Facebook-speak - do you know what I mean? It's where you hint at what you might be saying, often cryptically, and wait to see who will enquire first what you're talking about.

By the way I can't find any news reference in my searches to "the news that the UK government are 'tackling' obesity since they have had such success with smokers." Perhaps southcoastlady will enlighten us.

Pete
......and there was I, hoping to get some tips on how to improve the crackling on my roast pork!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Pete
Sorry you can't find this news item Peter. I saw it on the TV news over the last day or two.

:confused2:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would love to get enough skin on pork here to actually get crackling
I honestly can't remember when I last had an 'alf-decent bit of crackling actually but, just for y'all, um gonna get a, um, joint this weekend, and give it a go.

[Watch this space] :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts