Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am a Russian citizen, and have been living in Ecuador for almost 15 years. My fiancé and I want to get married soon and start the Visa process, but some issues arise instantly:

1. I am just getting my passport at the age of 21. There were some Ecuadorian Visa problems with my parents (they both lost their passports, some paperwork got lost, I can't renew my citizen ID in Ecuador because of it) but we're working on it. My question is, will it matter that my passport is brand new?

2. My fiancé has previously filed a petition for a Fiancée Visa for his ex, 3 years ago. The petition was approved, but that's as far as it went. She came into the US with a tourist Visa, and then they broke up. Will this pose any problem at the time of the interview?

3. I'm also worried that the fact that I am not an ecuadorian citizen but am going to do the Visa procedures through the Ecuadorian consulate will affect us somehow.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Thank you for any help or advice :)

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
As Russian citizen how do you plan to sponsor a spousal visa to the US? Am I missing something? What does the Ecuadoring Embassy (which state) have to do with this?

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
You need passport and birth certificate. Do you have documentation on your legal status in Ecuador?

What do you mean by "going to do the Visa procedures through the Ecuadorian consulate"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The interview. It just all sound so scary and we've read about so many failed cases that i get paranoid, you know?

What about his previous filing for a K1? Will that be a problem?

Thank you twostep :)

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
I am sure he has a good reason why the previous K1 did go by the wayside. You are not the first and will not be last fiancé going through K1. As long as it is a legit relationship what do you have to worry about?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts