Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am posting this again as i got no response in my previous post.

I am new to this forum and as a beginner to this whole Australian immigration process , i would need your help especially now the rules are changing for skillassessment.
I have yet to take Ielts exams,hopefully will be done by the end of July.
My main concern is the next process ''Skill assessment''.
I am ACCA affiliate (P6 and P7 as options) plus OBU BSC degree qualified.Changes expected from next month require proof of 7 mandatory subjects for skill assessment for the category of Accountant General and 8 for External Auditor.Previously mandatory subjects were only 4.They have made subject like Economics and Quantitative methods as compulsory subjects.We do not have specific subjects on these name.Even if there is economics that was small section in F-9 financial Management
Now keeping in mind 14 subjects of my ACCA and BSc degree, would i still be able to get positive skill assessment?Would any senior who has done ACCA be kindenough to breakdown compulsory subjects mentioned on CPA/ICA website to that of ACCA?Anybody who is going for skill assessment on ACCA after July 2015 can share their opinion as well.If we do not get positive skill assessment because of 1 or 2 subjects ,what options do we have to get positive skill assessment?

I would appreciate your help in this regard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi.

I have no experience with ACCA, however, I have received a positive skill assessment from CPAA recently.
CPAA pays much attention to the content of the subjects, not their names. It seems like immigration requirements are quite close to the foundation level CPAA requirements available at CPA Australia - Structure

I would be useful to compare what you have studied at ACCA and BSc to that source.

If you had full ACCA qualification you would receive a positive assessment from CPAA automatically.
If CPAA decides that you miss a mandatory subject, an easy option for you would be to sit a foundation level exam for that subject. I passed two foundation CPAA level exams, they are quite easy computer based tests and available in most major cities around the globe.

At the same time, be advised that your skilled employment period (if you claim points for it) will start after the competition of the required subjects.

Reactions: Sulemanhaider

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I've read posts from other financial applicants who have taken additional courses to gain the missing modules. I'm not sure that you can do anything else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi

I am posting this again as i got no response in my previous post.

I am new to this forum and as a beginner to this whole Australian immigration process , i would need your help especially now the rules are changing for skillassessment.
I have yet to take Ielts exams,hopefully will be done by the end of July.
My main concern is the next process ''Skill assessment''.
I am ACCA affiliate (P6 and P7 as options) plus OBU BSC degree qualified.Changes expected from next month require proof of 7 mandatory subjects for skill assessment for the category of Accountant General and 8 for External Auditor.Previously mandatory subjects were only 4.They have made subject like Economics and Quantitative methods as compulsory subjects.We do not have specific subjects on these name.Even if there is economics that was small section in F-9 financial Management
Now keeping in mind 14 subjects of my ACCA and BSc degree, would i still be able to get positive skill assessment?Would any senior who has done ACCA be kindenough to breakdown compulsory subjects mentioned on CPA/ICA website to that of ACCA?Anybody who is going for skill assessment on ACCA after July 2015 can share their opinion as well.If we do not get positive skill assessment because of 1 or 2 subjects ,what options do we have to get positive skill assessment?

I would appreciate your help in this regard.
Hi Mattane

I too m an Accra affiliate with p5 and p7 and obu degree. I also have b com from India. I did my assessment in March and got 12 out of 12. Have you done any prior studies which covered economics. For quantitative method I think some stuff is covered in f9 and p6. You need to go on their site n whatever subject name does not match try to see if you have covered it as part of other subject or other qualification. On the cpa website it does say that Acca affiliate with additional degree usually do pass assessment. And according to my report obu is comparable to aus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mattane

I too m an Accra affiliate with p5 and p7 and obu degree. I also have b com from India. I did my assessment in March and got 12 out of 12. Have you done any prior studies which covered economics. For quantitative method I think some stuff is covered in f9 and p6. You need to go on their site n whatever subject name does not match try to see if you have covered it as part of other subject or other qualification. On the cpa website it does say that Acca affiliate with additional degree usually do pass assessment. And according to my report obu is comparable to aus.

I know ACCA with degree gets positive skill assessment but would that be same after 1 July is highly debatable.

I think quantitative would be F5 and F9. while we did bit of economics in F5. In my A level , i also had economics.I wonder they would accept that.

Also i ask Acca to provide me old syllabus between 2009-2013 but they said they don't have it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can find old syllabus on the Internet, especially torrent trackers. I'm sure CPAA will accept that, as they don't need the syllabus to be notarised.
Thanks

Yes i have tried it online on internet but could not find one. I need these syllabuses:

F1 to F6 = syllabus 2009
F7 & P2 = syllabus 2010
F8, F9 & P1 = syllabus 2011
P7 = syllabus 2012
P3 & P6 = Syllabus 2013

If you have any link to these syllabuses that would be great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear All,

I want to apply for australian immigration under General Accountant Category

I have Bsc (Hons) with F1,F2 and F3 exempted. I also did P1 and P3 in Professional level of ACCA. So, I completed 11 Exams of ACCA.

But the rules in this July 2015 has changed and I heard that I am not covering the Core knowledge areas for CPA assessment. I am missing Economics and Quantitative methods.

Can anybody help me that how can i cover these areas. Whether with ACCA exams or CPA exam or any post graduate diploma or can i get just certificates of these subjects from any university

Response will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear All,

I have Bsc (Hons) with F1,F2 and F3 exempted. I also did P1 and P3 in Professional level of ACCA. So, I completed 11 Exams of ACCA.

But the rules in this July 2015 has changed and I heard that I am not covering the Core knowledge areas for CPA assessment. I am missing Economics and Quantitative methods.

Can anybody help me that how can i cover these areas. Whether with ACCA exams or CPA exam or any post graduate diploma or can i get just certificates of these subjects from any university

Hi, Sulemanhaider

One option is to sit CPAA exams for the missing subjects. CPAA will provide books for distance education, I think it is the easies way for those without ACCA.
Other option is to complete your ACCA, CPAA will recognize this.
Also, have a look at the current situation with occupation ceiling numbers for accounting related occupations. 65 points is a must for the invitation, however 70 is recommended for a guaranteed invitation under 189 subclass.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks AnTop. I will have to be a ACCA member for australian bachelor equivalence and ACCA don't have these two subjects in its qualification.

I think doing CPA exam is better option.

Can you please clarify that accountant category will remain on SOL or I should look for any other category?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dear All,

You don't have to worry about economics and quantitative methods.

I am not aware about CPAA, but my brother submitted his ACCA membership to ICAANZ (Institute of Chartered Accountants - Australia and New Zealand). He received positive response with 10/12 areas completed. The two missing were Australian Corp. Law and Tax.

If you have any doubts about CPAA assessment, go to ICAANZ for assessment.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Can anybody clarify that what is CPAA. Is is australian CPA or UK CPAA
CPA is one of the three professional accounting bodies that is authorized to conduct qualification assessments of external auditors, accountants, tax accountants, management accountants etc.

ICAANZ is like ICAEW, and CPAA is like CGA of Canada or CPA of Ireland.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear Fais,

Thanks for the guidance. But the rules have been changed in this July 2015 for both CPA and ICAANZ. These both subjects economics and Quantitative methods are compulsary now

I am finding the way to do these exams

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear Antop,

What is difference between CPA and CPAA
Hi, Sulemanhaider

1). CPAA = CPA Australia. As far as I know, CPA is a US or UK based organisation. For migration purposes you only need to communicate with CPA Australia (CPAA).

2). Are you 100% sure that ACCA holder will not automatically receive a positive migration assessment from CPAA? I strongly advise you to write a question to CPAA regarding this matter. As far as I know, CPAA and ACCA have mutual recognition agreement.

3). My best guess regarding 2016-2017 SOL is a significant decrease in the occupation ceiling for accountants. I think accountants will stay in SOl for some time, but the occupation ceiling will be greatly reduced.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hy Antop,

But I am not ACCA qualified. I will have to apply on the basis of my Bsc (Hons) degree. I have 3 exams remaining in ACCA to qualify.

I think I have to give exam of CPA to complete two knowledge areas

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hy Antop,

But I am not ACCA qualified. I will have to apply on the basis of my Bsc (Hons) degree. I have 3 exams remaining in ACCA to qualify.

I think I have to give exam of CPA to complete two knowledge areas
I see.

To sit the exam you need to enroll in CPAA foundation program.
If I were you I would start with migration assessment, and then completed any outstanding subjects through CPAA foundation program.
Technically exams are conducted through Pearson VUE centers Pearson VUE :: Computer-Based Testing Provider for Certification and Licensure Exams

You might check on their website how far they are from your location.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Antop, you are very helpful person. Thanks a lot for good advice

I will start my assessment now and then i will enroll in CPA foundation exams.

Can you tell me that what are the dates in a year in which i can give CPA exams?

Can i do my immigration process without dealing with any consultant?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Antop, you are very helpful person. Thanks a lot for good advice

I will start my assessment now and then i will enroll in CPA foundation exams.

Can you tell me that what are the dates in a year in which i can give CPA exams?

Can i do my immigration process without dealing with any consultant?
The availability of the exams depends on your location. In my case, the opportunity to sit a foundation exam was provided on weekly basis. The exams are computer based tests, and test centres are very flexible regarding test dates.

It is definitely possible to go through migration process without a migration agent, especially if your case is a typical one. If you decide to hire an agent, make sure that he/she is MARA registered.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts