Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1501 - 1520 of 1561 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do you really think anyone would refuse a vaccine on the basis of getting free treatment if they fall ill? I’ve heard all sorts of daft reasons but not that one!
No.
Please read my post.

EDIT: Maybe I should try harder to explain my daft post.
I was suggesting that people who might have to spend their life savings on treatment might be more willing to be vaccinated.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
No.
Please read my post.

EDIT: Maybe I should try harder to explain my daft post.
I was suggesting that people who might have to spend their life savings on treatment might be more willing to be vaccinated.
Can't speak for Alca but I thought her post said that the reason for not being vaccinated was daft - not the post.

(Most reasons for not being vaccinated are daft 😉 )

·
Registered
867 Posts

"This is discrimination, and we want to express vehemently that we do not accept this in our society," said Leif Hansen, who represents anti-vax "Bewegung Leipzig" (Leipzig Movement). He doesn't trust the companies that made the vaccine or the authorities who approved it.
"They say the vaccination is ok, that I should give it to my children? Never!" he told me. "I have a feeling that it should never go into my body, and I will fight all I can to prevent it coming into my body."

·
Registered
371 Posts
I see that most of you are all still caught up in the semantics and not looking at the bigger picture. What an absolute shame! What kind of world are we living in when the most sensible of us are caught up in psyops and the propaganda machine. Sad sad times... Either you wake up now or you’re part of the problem!

·
Registered
371 Posts
😂😂😂😂😂 People who think the BBC actually provides real news are lost! But if you grew up with and were conditioned to think that all auntie said was true then I can sympathise. I know many people like this 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
Can’t remember which thread this was on but there is news on whether you need to quarantine when visiting the U.K. (from Brits in Spain Facebook page).

Update on Travel to the UK

We know that many of you have been concerned about being contacted by NHS Test and Trace whilst in England and the possible need to self-isolate for 10 days.

Yesterday, the UK Government announced that, from 1 December, anyone who has been fully vaccinated outside the UK with a recognised vaccine will be subject to the same rules as those who are fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme. This means that you will no longer have to self-isolate if you are identified as having been in contact with someone who tests positive while you're in England.

For more information on travel to the UK, including to check if you are fully vaccinated, visit: Travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Finally... someone talking (at least a little) about the bigger picture!

The comments are always worth a gander...
People in the comments are mostly frothing loonies but this guy seems to know what he's talking about but as mentioned before.. the situation is unfolding and rapidly changing and governments have to try various things to see what is effective.

The thing that she is trying to wind the listeners up about boosters also makes sense because as strength wains you become more susceptible to having a serious illness and filling up the hospitals. The passport is to protect people and the hospitals.

Many vaccines are the same like the tetanus vaccine.

Maybe it doesn't work but it's not some sort of beginning of the great reset or whatever other nonsense people think.. it's the governments trying various tools to control the pandemic.

·
Registered
371 Posts
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid”
😞

”I was fine up until I took the vaccine”...

*“People trying to tell you, ‘No. It’s not the vaccine.’ How do you know?

You don’t know. Yes, the vaccine ended my season. One thousand percent.”*

NBA player, Brandon Goodwin.

UNPRECEDENTED NUMBERS OF YOUNG AND FIT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PERSONS ARE COLLAPSING ON THE FIELD

Sergio Aguero, 33, Barecelona star striker admitted to hospital for cardiac exam after match. Several weeks prior to his on-field collapse, he had come out publically urging the youth to get vaccinated:

Dembele, 29, Atletico Madrid striker collapses in training, requires medical attention:

Giuseppe Perrino, 29, ex-Parma footballer dies at memorial match after collapsing:

Footballer, Sameul Oji, dies suddenly from mysterious illness known as "short illness". Initial tweets from close associates mentioned that he had become seriously ill immediately after being jabbed. All such tweets, as well as comments pointing out the strange phenomenon of newspapers reporting on the death of young men such as Samuel without any mention of the cause of death, were censored and deleted swiftly. He became yet another victim of the mysterious and fast-growing epidemic of what is known as "sudden short illness":

Garissone Innocent, 20, fell unconscious due to abnormal electrical impulse in heart during game:

Alex Apolinario, 24, Brazilian soccer player dies after collapsing on pitch during match:

Britain's Jack Draper, 19, collapses at Miami Open:

Ethan Jovani Trejo, 16-year-old soccer player, collapsed on the field during training:

Samuel Kalu, 24, Bordeaux star collapses minutes into football game:

Roy Butler, 23, Irish footballer Watford FC dies after Jansen vaccine:

Dylan Rich, 19, FA Youth Cup - player suffered sudden cardiac arrest on the field, passes away:

Two young Columbia High school footballers die:

Francis Perron, 25, Ottawa footballer dies after game:

Christian Eriksen, 29, Collapses while playing for Denmark in the Euros due to heart issue. Initial reports, which were immediately scrubbed from the internet, mentioned clearly that he had been vaccinated. Furthermore, when Eriksen himself issued a statement he was unable to add a couple of words to quash the allegedly false reports of his vaccination status. Instead and rather suspiciously, the director of his club team from which Eriksen had been away from for several weeks issued a statement of denial. If ever this was exposed as a lie the director could simply claim he was unaware since Eriksen had been away for so long, and he was merely a director who is distant from player affairs. Furthermore, the fact that Eriksen's national team coach, Kasper Hjulmand, had previously publically criticized Uefa for not providing vaccines to all the other teams in the competition makes it extremely likely that Eriksen had been jabbed and then subsequently paid off after his collapse on field:

Abou Ali, 22, professional footballer collapses on pitch during game:

Fabrice NSakala, 31, Besiktas defender collapses on pitch during game:

Jens De Smet, 27, footballer collapses on field, passes away of heart attack:

Jente van Genechten, 25, footballer collapses on field due to heart attack:

Frederic Lartillot, French footballer collapses in changing room, passes away due to heart attack after game:

Benjamin Taft, 31, German footballer collapses after game, passes away due to heart attack:

Rune Coghe, 18, Belgian footballer suffers cardiac arrest on pitch:

Luis Ojeda, 20, Argentine football player unexpectedly passes away:

Dimitri Lienard, 33, FC Strasbourg midfielder collapses during game:

Emil Palsson, 28, Sognal midfielder collapses due to cardiac arrest during game:

Pedro Obiang, 29, ex-West Ham star suffers myocarditis post vaccine:

Mirko Kido, 36, Olympic gold medalist dies of heart attack during game:

Two West Indies Players - Chinelle Henry, Chedean Nation Collapse on Field:

Ghanaian referee collapses during AFCON Match:

Referee Bert Smith collapses on court due to blood clot during Gonzaga-USC men's Elite Eight game:

Josh Downie, 24, cricketer dies after heart attack at practice:

Raymond van Barneveld collapses and receives paramedic attention during PDC Championship:

Devaraj Anchan, 33, volleyball player collapses during game, dies:

Vinny Curry, 33, out for season due to blood clots:

Cameron Dale, 29, Australian sailor dies after catastrophic stroke:

Tom Felton, 34, collapses during golf game:

Parys Haralson, 37, former Saints line backer dies:

Jimmy Hayes, 31, former Bruins player unexpectedly dies:

Kjeld Nuis, 31, Dutch professional skater admitted to hospital with inflamed heart:

John Stokes, 21, athlete at Tennessee Uni hospitalized with heart inflammation:

Jake Ehlinger, 20, found dead - cause unknown:

Jeremy Chardy, 34, tennis pro cannot train or play after vaccine:

Francesca Marcon, 38, volleybal professional can't play, has pericarditis post vaccine:

Yusuke Kino****a, 27, baseball pro dies 7 weeks post vaccine:

Alex Stalock, 34, NHL Oilers goalie out for the season due to heart condition:

Ceylin Alvarado, 23, pro cyclists out for season due to blood complications:

Greg van Aevermat, 36, pro cyclist, loss of form since vaccine:

Three young Belgian cyclists suffer heart issues following race:

Kamila Label-Farrel, 19, Uni Basketball Star died unexpectedly:

Jacob Downey, 19, Queens Uni Hockey player passes away after medical emergency:

Josh Archibald, 28, Oilers hockey forward out indefinitely due to myocarditis:

Jen Gouveia, 38, suffered cardiac arrest during a run:

Kyle Warner, pro BMX cyclist has pericarditis post vaccine:

16 year old youth suffered cardiac arrest after weightlifting:

Brandon Goodwin, 26, Atlanta Hawks star, career over due to blood clots. NBA warned him to stay quiet.

Ewan Fraser, 30, Glasgow hockey player suffered cardiac arrest, passes away:

David Jenkins, 31, Olympic silver medalist diver unexpectedly passes away:

Paul Zisper, 27, Munich basketball pro, has emergency surgery after brain hemorrhage related to J and J:

Filip Ingebrigsten, 28, Norwegian runner suffers loss of form post vaccine:

Avi Barot, 29, Saurashtra cricketer suffers cardiac arrest, passes away:

Helen Edwards, referee taken off court during World Cup qualifier due to heart issues:

Antoine Méchin, 31, French triathlete suffers pulmonary embolism following Moderna:

Greg Luyssen, 22, Belgian pro cyclist ends career due to heart issues:

Cienna Knowles, 19, equestrian star hospitalized due to blood clots:

Boris Sadecky, 24, Slovak hockey player dies of heart attack during hockey game:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid”
😞

”I was fine up until I took the vaccine”...

*“People trying to tell you, ‘No. It’s not the vaccine.’ How do you know?

You don’t know. Yes, the vaccine ended my season. One thousand percent.”*

NBA player, Brandon Goodwin.

UNPRECEDENTED NUMBERS OF YOUNG AND FIT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PERSONS ARE COLLAPSING ON THE FIELD

Sergio Aguero, 33, Barecelona star striker admitted to hospital for cardiac exam after match.
Several weeks prior to his on-field collapse, he had come out publically urging the youth to get vaccinated:

Dembele, 29, Atletico Madrid striker collapses in training, requires medical attention:

Giuseppe Perrino, 29, ex-Parma footballer dies at memorial match after collapsing:

Footballer, Sameul Oji, dies suddenly from mysterious illness known as "short illness". Initial tweets from close associates mentioned that he had become seriously ill immediately after being jabbed. All such tweets, as well as comments pointing out the strange phenomenon of newspapers reporting on the death of young men such as Samuel without any mention of the cause of death, were censored and deleted swiftly. He became yet another victim of the mysterious and fast-growing epidemic of what is known as "sudden short illness":

Garissone Innocent, 20, fell unconscious due to abnormal electrical impulse in heart during game:

Alex Apolinario, 24, Brazilian soccer player dies after collapsing on pitch during match:

Britain's Jack Draper, 19, collapses at Miami Open:

Ethan Jovani Trejo, 16-year-old soccer player, collapsed on the field during training:

Samuel Kalu, 24, Bordeaux star collapses minutes into football game:

Roy Butler, 23, Irish footballer Watford FC dies after Jansen vaccine:

Dylan Rich, 19, FA Youth Cup - player suffered sudden cardiac arrest on the field, passes away:

Two young Columbia High school footballers die:

Francis Perron, 25, Ottawa footballer dies after game:

Christian Eriksen, 29, Collapses while playing for Denmark in the Euros due to heart issue. Initial reports, which were immediately scrubbed from the internet, mentioned clearly that he had been vaccinated. Furthermore, when Eriksen himself issued a statement he was unable to add a couple of words to quash the allegedly false reports of his vaccination status. Instead and rather suspiciously, the director of his club team from which Eriksen had been away from for several weeks issued a statement of denial. If ever this was exposed as a lie the director could simply claim he was unaware since Eriksen had been away for so long, and he was merely a director who is distant from player affairs. Furthermore, the fact that Eriksen's national team coach, Kasper Hjulmand, had previously publically criticized Uefa for not providing vaccines to all the other teams in the competition makes it extremely likely that Eriksen had been jabbed and then subsequently paid off after his collapse on field:

Abou Ali, 22, professional footballer collapses on pitch during game:

Fabrice NSakala, 31, Besiktas defender collapses on pitch during game:

Jens De Smet, 27, footballer collapses on field, passes away of heart attack:

Jente van Genechten, 25, footballer collapses on field due to heart attack:

Frederic Lartillot, French footballer collapses in changing room, passes away due to heart attack after game:

Benjamin Taft, 31, German footballer collapses after game, passes away due to heart attack:

Rune Coghe, 18, Belgian footballer suffers cardiac arrest on pitch:

Luis Ojeda, 20, Argentine football player unexpectedly passes away:

Dimitri Lienard, 33, FC Strasbourg midfielder collapses during game:

Emil Palsson, 28, Sognal midfielder collapses due to cardiac arrest during game:

Pedro Obiang, 29, ex-West Ham star suffers myocarditis post vaccine:

Mirko Kido, 36, Olympic gold medalist dies of heart attack during game:

Two West Indies Players - Chinelle Henry, Chedean Nation Collapse on Field:

Ghanaian referee collapses during AFCON Match:

Referee Bert Smith collapses on court due to blood clot during Gonzaga-USC men's Elite Eight game:

Josh Downie, 24, cricketer dies after heart attack at practice:

Raymond van Barneveld collapses and receives paramedic attention during PDC Championship:

Devaraj Anchan, 33, volleyball player collapses during game, dies:

Vinny Curry, 33, out for season due to blood clots:

Cameron Dale, 29, Australian sailor dies after catastrophic stroke:

Tom Felton, 34, collapses during golf game:

Parys Haralson, 37, former Saints line backer dies:

Jimmy Hayes, 31, former Bruins player unexpectedly dies:

Kjeld Nuis, 31, Dutch professional skater admitted to hospital with inflamed heart:

John Stokes, 21, athlete at Tennessee Uni hospitalized with heart inflammation:

Jake Ehlinger, 20, found dead - cause unknown:

Jeremy Chardy, 34, tennis pro cannot train or play after vaccine:

Francesca Marcon, 38, volleybal professional can't play, has pericarditis post vaccine:

Yusuke Kino****a, 27, baseball pro dies 7 weeks post vaccine:

Alex Stalock, 34, NHL Oilers goalie out for the season due to heart condition:

Ceylin Alvarado, 23, pro cyclists out for season due to blood complications:

Greg van Aevermat, 36, pro cyclist, loss of form since vaccine:

Three young Belgian cyclists suffer heart issues following race:

Kamila Label-Farrel, 19, Uni Basketball Star died unexpectedly:

Jacob Downey, 19, Queens Uni Hockey player passes away after medical emergency:

Josh Archibald, 28, Oilers hockey forward out indefinitely due to myocarditis:

Jen Gouveia, 38, suffered cardiac arrest during a run:

Kyle Warner, pro BMX cyclist has pericarditis post vaccine:

16 year old youth suffered cardiac arrest after weightlifting:

Brandon Goodwin, 26, Atlanta Hawks star, career over due to blood clots. NBA warned him to stay quiet.

Ewan Fraser, 30, Glasgow hockey player suffered cardiac arrest, passes away:

David Jenkins, 31, Olympic silver medalist diver unexpectedly passes away:

Paul Zisper, 27, Munich basketball pro, has emergency surgery after brain hemorrhage related to J and J:

Filip Ingebrigsten, 28, Norwegian runner suffers loss of form post vaccine:

Avi Barot, 29, Saurashtra cricketer suffers cardiac arrest, passes away:

Helen Edwards, referee taken off court during World Cup qualifier due to heart issues:

Antoine Méchin, 31, French triathlete suffers pulmonary embolism following Moderna:

Greg Luyssen, 22, Belgian pro cyclist ends career due to heart issues:

Cienna Knowles, 19, equestrian star hospitalized due to blood clots:

Boris Sadecky, 24, Slovak hockey player dies of heart attack during hockey game:

TL;DR

However a quick search reveals that Christian Eriksen was NOT vaccinated. I suspect many of the other entries are just wrong too.

Also people falling for the very common post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

·
Banned
124 Posts
A lot of it is media hype, they are bored and need to stir things up. The death rate is extremely low and the vaccination rate is high. A lot of scaremongering going on. The vaccination programmes are working and while people are and will continue to catch COVID its significance is starting to fade to the same level as other virus's that kill us just as easily like the winter flu. Spain has had 4 deaths in a million people in the last 2 weeks. How many people have died of other virus' and diseases in the same period that are not even reporting. The odds look pretty good to me.......
Azure Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'm not sure it's media hype in the countries where hospitalisations have shot up, and lockdowns have been reintroduced. Even if the death rate remains lowish, if the hospitals fill up then they'll lock down. I'm scratching my head about The Netherlands in particular, which has vaccinated 72% of the population but has seen seeing increased hospitalisations and deaths.

I'm obviously hoping (and quietly confident that) Spain's 79% vaccination rate means it will be enough to avoid something similar. Even so, it might be worth getting that booster jab, when offered.

1501 - 1520 of 1561 Posts