Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1461 - 1480 of 1561 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
No you've deliberately misunderstood that as usual so you've got one less thing to worry about - I'll be about as long as the thread is. 😄 (y)
Fabulous news.....rest assured I didn't deliberately misunderstand your words .......when you said "time to call it a day" I just assumed you were off, my bad, apologies. But what did you actually mean by "time to call it a day"?

"This thread had improved over the last couple of days but it's back to the same old.
Time to call it a day I think."

·
Registered
371 Posts
Guy's and Gals,

I'd like to leave this on a respectful note.

Whatever side of the fence you sit on it's clear that the way things are going is not good for the world we are set to leave our children/grand children.

Never ending boosters, vaccine passports, social credit system, disrupted travel, total invasion of privacy etc...

Whatever you believe please still look at the bigger picture. Governments are using Covid to increase their power and before we know it we will end up like China. That's not what I want for my family.

It's important that we all tread carefully. We are at a societal tipping point and we should not loose sight of what is happening around us all under the guise of a public health crisis.

Some of us have butted heads on a few occasions throughout this thread and some posts got a bit spicy! My intention was not to offend anyone.

Whatever happens with covid and the never ending variants there will come a point when enough is enough.

I'm going to leave with a little prediction... I hope I'm wrong about!

At some point towards the end of this year or early next year things are going to be ramped up. I think there will be a serious cyber attack / cyber pandemic which will effect the supply chain, banking system, energy boards etc... I would recommend that people have a store of enough food and water to last them at least a week. Off the back of this cyber attack we will not be able to surf the internet without a personal log in. Everything we say online will be monitored and if we deviate or question the official narrative we will be considered terrorists/criminals. All of our devices will be monitored and our money under the new system will be accessible if we are not good citizens. This is where i think things are going if "they" can get away with it.

I'm done for a while.. I'll check in now and then.

Have fun.. It's been emotional 😉 👍

·
Registered
782 Posts
Guy's and Gals,

I'd like to leave this on a respectful note.

Whatever side of the fence you sit on it's clear that the way things are going is not good for the world we are set to leave our children/grand children.

Never ending boosters, vaccine passports, social credit system, disrupted travel, total invasion of privacy etc...

Whatever you believe please still look at the bigger picture. Governments are using Covid to increase their power and before we know it we will end up like China. That's not what I want for my family.

It's important that we all tread carefully. We are at a societal tipping point and we should not loose sight of what is happening around us all under the guise of a public health crisis.

Some of us have butted heads on a few occasions throughout this thread and some posts got a bit spicy! My intention was not to offend anyone.

Whatever happens with covid and the never ending variants there will come a point when enough is enough.

I'm going to leave with a little prediction... I hope I'm wrong about!

At some point towards the end of this year or early next year things are going to be ramped up. I think there will be a serious cyber attack / cyber pandemic which will effect the supply chain, banking system, energy boards etc... I would recommend that people have a store of enough food and water to last them at least a week. Off the back of this cyber attack we will not be able to surf the internet without a personal log in. Everything we say online will be monitored and if we deviate or question the official narrative we will be considered terrorists/criminals. All of our devices will be monitored and our money under the new system will be accessible if we are not good citizens. This is where i think things are going if "they" can get away with it.

I'm done for a while.. I'll check in now and then.

Have fun.. It's been emotional 😉 👍
Been a pleasure ...........take care and just before you go can you give me a bit of advice...........My Spanish neighbour popped around earlier and told me she had a urinary tract infection and her Doc has put her on a course of Antibiotics called Fosfomycin, she then gave me a packet and told me if I didn't take them that hers wouldn't work...........should I take them? 😅
Be safe and Silver looks a good bet;)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Has there been any feedback from France on this thread?
I read through it a month ago and don't remember.

As a couple in our 60's we're not vaccinated and despite the constant coercion there's no way it'll happen.
Every Saturday, there's a big turnout in around 200 towns and cities to protest against the "sanitary pass".
You've surely heard about that little QR code you need to access bars, restaurants, cinemas, concerts, theme parks, theatres, hospitals, fitness clubs etc, etc ...
We've done a few protest marches, rubbing shoulders with thousands of others, shouting, chanting - people aren't anti-vax, rather against any repression of liberties, against segregation, apartheid.

The vaccine seems to work for people with health problems, fragile, obese, diabetic, old people in the appalling retirement homes here.

We caught covid19 in February 2020 in a public meeting in the runup to the local elections which were maintained in spite of the growing pandemic.
Around 80 of us "yellow jackets" wanted to make life hard for a pro-Macron candidate
we all caught the virus and were sick for 3 days - and then? nada mas!

The year before, we were supporting the doctors and nurses who were striking and protesting
over the drastic spending cuts for the public health service.
Hospitals have to make profits, not provide a service to the general public...

To this day I have the firm conviction that this so called sanitary crisis has helped to reinforce the authoritarian slides of certain governments (France) but from there to swallow a global conspiracy with Bill Gates injecting Trojan nanochips is too much for my brain.

I have confidence in the capacities of the human body and its immunity system.
Around 90% of the population have no problem with the virus.
Ambient air/water/food/etc pollution has undermined humans' resistance to virus and other agressions.
Perhaps I maintain this view of events because I'm still outrageously healthy.

My granddaughter came to stay with a friend beginning of August, they both tested positive for delta variant
and were terrified that their abuela y abuelo would get sick and die in terrible suffering.
We never even tested positive even after two weeks together.
We took zinc, vitamine C, ravintsara essential oil in prevention on doctor's advice.

No need to vaccinate people in good health, no need to vaccinate teens, don't vaccinate people who test positive.
There have been so many health scandals here north of the Pyrenees that there's a tendency to take a long step back to wait and see what happens in the long term.

If they'd put the same energy into banning fossil fuels and rampant capitalism we'd be a couple of steps back from doomsday maybe?

·
Registered
146 Posts
There have been a lot of protest marches here, many placards read libertè, lots of placards written on protecting the children and freedom of rights. I seriously doubt if many in Brittainy are getting vaxed. Some still wear masks, but a lot don't and social distancing on trams and with aquaintences is not what it was before last summer in my locale, anyway we aren't seeing a rise in cases.

·
Banned
4 Posts
33 Districts In Uttar Pradesh, India, Are Now Completely Free Of Coronavirus

According to the updated status of Covid shared by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, as many as 33 districts of the state are now totally free of the menace of the Coronavirus. New patients were found only in 9 districts.
As of Sept 15, 182 infected people were being treated. On average, 250 000 tests are being done every day, while the positivity rate has come down to less than 0.01 and the recovery rate is 98.7 %

Despite being the most populous state in India, housing a population of 240 million people, this northern state has been averaging only 24 cases and 0-2 deaths per day in recent months. Despite its size — roughly 73% of the U.S. population — it ranked last in cases per capita last week among India’s 36 states.

It's important to remember that last year, the northern state of Uttar Pradesh began dispensing ivermectin liberally and encouraging people to take it early on and even preventively, with government officials claiming that timely introduction of Ivermectin since the first wave has helped the state maintain a relatively low positivity rate despite its high population density. As Trial Site News reported earlier this year, “By the end of 2020, Uttar Pradesh — which distributed free ivermectin for home care — had the second-lowest fatality rate in India at 0.26 per 100,000 residents in December. Only the state of Bihar, with 128 million residents, was lower, and it, too, recommends ivermectin.
Overall, the death rate in Uttar Pradesh was roughly 95 per million people, roughly 1/20 the death rate of the U.S. More importantly, despite being the largest state in India, it incurred one-third the death rate of the country as a whole.

It's worth noting that just 4.5% of people in Uttar Pradesh are fully vaccinated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have must had a look at Egypt case numbers in detail.
It seems they are on the rise - so expect they are simply lagging in comparison to other countries that got the Delta variant earlier.
By late September - I expect daily cases in Egypt will be approaching 10,000 per day.
And even this will be a gross under reporting of the real case numbers - look how few tests they do per million people - compared with other countries.
September 30th not even remotely close to your expectation of 10,000 per day thankfully.................WHO figure...............738 (y)Massive difference

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
We here in the UK have three close family members and many acquaintances with Covid and the local schools are full of it. This was not the case until now.
Heard on the radio that one in ten schoolchildren in England have it. Here in Alcalá we've had no new cases since August, and the schools reopened a month ago.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Heard on the radio that one in ten schoolchildren in England have it. Here in Alcalá we've had no new cases since August, and the schools reopened a month ago.
They say we are at 40 per 100.000 now in Spain which is a very slight upsurge. They are not sure whether it is stabilising or possible new repunte. I dont think that Spain is immune to a surge in numbers over the winter and I imagine they face the same possible problems as the UK will

1461 - 1480 of 1561 Posts