Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
841 - 856 of 856 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
VALENCIA REGION

🔴
BREAKING NEWS: Puig announces that a COVID passport will be required to enter bars and restaurants in Valencian region.
The measure needs to be endorsed by the regional Supreme Court of Justice but, if approved, it will be implemented by the December "puente" weekend.

I believe that the courts in Cataluña have approved the same move for that region, & it is expected that Valencia will do the same.
Here comes the two tier society and the police state.....

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Here comes the two tier society and the police state.....
I certainly hope so.

But, only on Monday the courts in País Vasco rejected a similar proposal, so sadly it might not be allowed.

So those of us who do all we can to protect ourselves and others again have to live in fear of the ignorant who claim human rights as an excuse for egotistical risk taking.

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
Alternatively here comes responsible leadership which reminds people as John Stuart Mill said : your right to liberty requires the respect of the other's. You dont need to live in Spain if you dont like it.
A choice of having to prove vaccination or the interiors of bars, restaurants etc. being closed at this time of year - I know which makes the most sense to me!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Watching the Spanish news and they are saying that Israel is very worried about the new variant and appear to saying they might take drastic action in a matter or days!!. What does that mean???? Admittedly the day time programs do get a bit over- excited. Let's hope so.

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Alternatively here comes responsible leadership which reminds people as John Stuart Mill said : your right to liberty requires the respect of the other's. You dont need to live in Spain if you dont like it.
Paraphrased by Ximo Puig, Presdent of the Valencian community

La llibertat exieix respetar els altres. No existeix el dret a contagiar ni a saturar hospitals.

In English
Freedom demands respect for others. There is no right to infect or saturate hospitals.

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
Fascinating censorship of posts........ I assume that people don't like reminding of human history?
This thread is focussed only on how Spain is dealing with the virus.

The posts to which I imagine you refer have simply been moved to a more appropriate thread. That isn't censorship. Click the link below.

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #851 ·
As of Wednesday December 1st, only vaccinated vistiors from the UK & Northern Ireland will be permitted to enter Spain, just as is the case for visitors from any other non-EU country

·
Registered
U.K.
9,280 Posts
As of Wednesday December 1st, only vaccinated vistiors from the UK & Northern Ireland will be permitted to enter Spain, just as is the case for visitors from any other non-EU country

Hi read the BOE. Are under 12s still exempt? Can't see clarification of that

·
Registered
U.K.
9,280 Posts
I believe so, but as Spain is now discussing vaccinating under 12s, that could change if/when that happens.
Possibly but nothing for under 12 approved yet plus this decree is from December 1st through to 31st December. Whilst I agree it might be extended, I suspect this is more about Xmas infection rates partying etc. I've always believed that only fully vaccinated should travel anyway these variants are here to stay this is the new norm

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Surely Spain will have to start testing international arrivals? Seems crazy that you need only show a covid passport to enter. Im booked to visit uk over Christmas with my son so he can visit his Gran ( been 2 years since she last saw him). Already paid for LFT as that was requirement. Now need to buy the PCR tests. Arriving 24 so no idea if the labs, couriers will be operating over Christmas day ( doubt it). Apparently need to isolate until results so that will mean a few days inside( maybe more as I doubt that the testing is really capable of dealing with the numbers of people travelling at Christmas). I understand it though so whilst its annoying it makes sense. Thing is the restrictions once in UK are ridiculously light. Masks on transport and shops? What about all the packed pubs and restaurants? What about the Christmas markets where people drink from cups that recycled and the whole thing is packed in a small area? Hogmanay still going ahead in Edinburgh?

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
VALENCIA REGION

🔴
BREAKING NEWS: Puig announces that a COVID passport will be required to enter bars and restaurants in Valencian region.
The measure needs to be endorsed by the regional Supreme Court of Justice but, if approved, it will be implemented by the December "puente" weekend.

I believe that the courts in Cataluña have approved the same move for that region, & it is expected that Valencia will do the same.
The Valencian Supreme court has authorised this

841 - 856 of 856 Posts