Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
801 - 820 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
You are probably one who will get it and go to the ICU. /SNIP/
I'm a runner too, so I should be ok;)
Wonder how a client of mine came down with it though, in May of this year, in fact his 2 kids, his wife and himself caught it. He's a marathon runner, he was actually in training for his next Marathon in September. He's been told his heart has been affected...

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
Andalucia is proposing a curfew and tighter restrictions in towns with more than 1,000 per 100,000 cases. Of course, these will need to be ratified by the courts.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,280 Posts
We have several local villages in lockdown here for 14 days but courts denied curfew notice

Do they go to court for lockdown or just curfews ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Australia had 18 cases and locked down the whole department/state... I would seriously be looking to get off that big island if I lived there.
My daughter lives inland of Brisbane (3 hours drive) and she was saying that hardly anyone has been vaccinated, so every time someone is allowed back in with covid they panic. Sydney shut down after two cases were reported (both airline staff)
She tried telling a couple of friends the other day that 4 cases would be laughed at in any other part of the world but not Australia, lets shut down the whole state. They have a different mindset there.
She was also saying that Australia have only just started ordering vaccines as well (and seeing as its Flu season in Australia I would have thought they would have been more on the ball)

Anyway back to Spain. We have still had no word of our vaccinations, I got the lady who translates for us to check at the health centre and she was told, we are in the system but we have to be patient.
We are not the only ones on private healthcare who have asked to be done in our town. It seems we are all in the same boat (and its not just because we are Brits as a Dutch friend is also waiting)

For my own 2c I would expect none of the areas that rely on tourists to ask for curfews as the numbers grow, but would expect them to maybe bring the closing times of the bars to 11pm.
I can't see the point of stopping alcohol purchases at 8pm either, that makes no sense to me.

Was in Carrefour Finestrat earlier and the security guard was having a go at some kids who wandered in without face masks.

·
Banned
701 Posts
I cannot see why you are having problems, especially in the Valencian community.
I went to the red cross office here, they signed me up and 4 days later I had my J&J vaccine. The same with a friend who lives in the far, northwest corner who is not registered at the town hall nor has health insurance - showed up at the red cross and was given an appointment after signing the waiver.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I cannot see why you are having problems, especially in the Valencian community.
I went to the red cross office here, they signed me up and 4 days later I had my J&J vaccine. The same with a friend who lives in the far, northwest corner who is not registered at the town hall nor has health insurance - showed up at the red cross and was given an appointment after signing the waiver.
We signed up for a temporary sip card as we still have private. The staff at the centre are not very helpful and the doctor there has been denounced twice for treating foreigners badly (he was moved from La Nucia for the same issues).
The receptionist there is also very rude.
I will stick to private care while we live in this area as its still cheaper than the convenio.

We we originally told (via our interpreter, who is native Spanish) that all 'immigrants' were being made to wait.
Like most things here its not right but the people you argue with are the ones interpreting the rules.
My FIL (who has been here 20 years) along with others over 75 waited for longer than they should have for the first dose.
In the end he went down to the centre in Benidorm and they did it while he waited, the health centre contacted him a week after and when he said he had the first dose they told him to go back to Benidorm for the second one as they were taking him off their list.

Im not that bothered how long it takes, as we don't have any health issues and don't come into contact with many people.
And Im more than happy to wear my mask both outside and in.
I even contacted our healthcare company and they said that they have asked if they can administer the vaccines to their customers and were told no by the Government.
You would think that any route to full vaccination would be a good one and it would save the Spanish system money.

Spose I might find out where the nearest Red Cross office is and see what they can do.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The important figures to follow from now on might well be the level of infections, not the level of vaccinations.

I am currently sitting in a 100% staffed office for the fist time since March 2020, it is an odd sensation but to think that it will not generate an outbreak is naive.

Hopefully if we can transition to minimal restrictions quickly, the burst in infections will peak before Christmas and not cause us too much disruption.

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
The important figures to follow from now on might well be the level of infections, not the level of vaccinations.

I am currently sitting in a 100% staffed office for the fist time since March 2020, it is an odd sensation but to think that it will not generate an outbreak is naive.

Hopefully if we can transition to minimal restrictions quickly, the burst in infections will peak before Christmas and not cause us too much disruption.
That must feel strange!

Of course the level of infections is just as important as vaccinations, but the two are linked. Due to the vaccinations, most infections are mild or asymptomatic. If there is a spike in serious cases they will reintroduce restrictions.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That must feel strange!

Of course the level of infections is just as important as vaccinations, but the two are linked. Due to the vaccinations, most infections are mild or asymptomatic. If there is a spike in serious cases they will reintroduce restrictions.
Yes it's very strange having someone sat right next to you and so many people everywhere all of a sudden. There was a huge queue at the lobby this morning to get a lift up the upper floors though, and as I got close to the front I could see that people were still only going in 4 at a time (the lift design capacity is 22 people, but to maintain social distancing the maximum was reduced to 4 during the restrictions, but there is now no restriction).
The guy in front of me stopped when 4 people got in the lift so I said politely "you know that the restrictions of lift capacity have been removed" to which he replied that he knew that, but was being prudent...
Prudent is good of course and I don't think I'd be comfortable with 22 people in there (although having gone to the office in the Metro I'm not sure how much worse a lift with 22 people really would be) but I really can't see how we can have a 100% occupied office and try to maintain only 20% occupancy in the lifts, toilets, kitchens etc. We can't partially go back to normal, it won't work, it has to be all or nothing.

In terms of the spike in infections I think that it is inevitable, but in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong) they haven't seen the need to reintroduce any restrictions?

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
In terms of the spike in infections I think that it is inevitable, but in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong) they haven't seen the need to reintroduce any restrictions?
I don’t know much about infection rates in the U.K. at the moment but doesn’t Boris’s Winter Plan includes the possibility of reintroducing restrictions?

In Andalucia, restrictions are linked to the stats. Since we have just fallen below 50 cases per 100,000 we are now entering Level 0, no restrictions, but the Junta has made it clear that if the numbers rise again, restrictions will return.

·
Banned
701 Posts
In Andalucia, restrictions are linked to the stats. Since we have just fallen below 50 cases per 100,000 we are now entering Level 0, no restrictions, but the Junta has made it clear that if the numbers rise again, restrictions will return.
Does this include mask wearing interior and maintaining 1,5m distance out of doors ? If not, then there are restrictions still it is just the local restrictions that are lifted; ie. opening hours of nightlife, bar service, restaurant and shop customer capacities.(e) etc.etc.(/e)

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
This article seems to say almost half of the region and on Oct 1. but does not mention the federal law requiring masks

The federal law regarding masks has not changed. It might not be mentioned by Euro Weekly News but it certainly was when the President of the Junta de Andalucia announced the changes on TV, along with the need to maintain social distancing and using hand sanitiser.

801 - 820 of 856 Posts