Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ....

I have married a French citizen (october 11) here in Australia and seen the both of our first child (nov 11) again in Australia.

1.We have registered the marriage and the north with the French consulate and I am awaiting my Livret de Famille so that we may apply for my Long Stay Visa. Any idea's on average time for the processing of this?

2.We have been informed it can take up to 4months for a transcription of our daughters Australian birth to French powers that be. Does anyone know if as my daughter has a French mother can she apply for this kind of thing while in France?

I look forward to any help and then ... eventually ... moving to Nice tres bien!

·
Administrator
50,396 Posts
The livret de famille can take "a few months" - in part because the fact of the marriage has to be recorded on your wife's birth record in whatever town she was born in.

The birth of your daughter then needs to be included in your livret de famille, so you ought to get both "transcriptions" back at the same time. (Or rather, they'll hold issuance of the livret de famille until the daughter's birth can be included in the document.)

Nice, eh? Should be lovely!
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the help ... that's kind of what I feared since tickets are booked for 7weeks time *nervous*

Nice is wonderful, just need to get there now. Got to love red tape :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
...my own Livret de Famille application took 3 and a half months, hope you get yours soon. The visa should not take more than 2 weeks to receive, most likely it will only take a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.