Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveyone!

So, I'm nearly ready to send my documents off to my wife living in Taiwan for our Settlement Visa application but just wanted to ask a couple of questions that have been worrying me a bit!

Context: I'm the UK national, my wife is from Taiwan. We have a (soon to be) 3 year old daughter. They are currently in Taiwan as I had to work for 6 months to meet the financial requirement (miss them so much).

Here are my questions:

1) When filling out the forms online, I chose the option to Apply for Someone Else (can't remember what it said exactly). Is that ok? I filled out the questions and digitally signed it with my name!

2) It asked if my wife has any dependant children, I put 'No' because my daughter has British citizenship, is that ok?

3) I submitted the answers, so I can't change them any more, but could I then start a brand new application without any fallout? People in Taiwan have been advising me to apply as if I was her and then send the documents and print file!!! Advice?

4) Do I need to get my bank statements stamped, or are they ready to go as-is?

5) Am I supposed to include my passport in the application?

6) We don't have receipts, tickets or the such because we had a clear out when I moved back to the UK. We do have an old joint bank statement from 2009 though, so will this help to prove our relationship status (we have marriage certs, daughters birth cirt, and I made up a lot of photographs with dates and explanations on them as well).

Might have some other questions, but can't think of them at the moment. Thank you for any help you give me :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, now I'm getting a bit worried.

I've been rummaging through some of the old threads and keep seeing people saying that if you have a child the financial requirement is more than £18600! I thought that if the child is a British Citizen (has a UK passport that states this), then it's still only £18600! Is that wrong?

I have one kid, and if that makes it more than £18600 then this 6 months (and 4 months apart from wife and child) will have all been for nothing!!!

I'll move back to Taiwan if I can't get the visa. At least there they'll accept me back with open arms... Not like this UK government that seems to want to get rid of their own people because we 'choose' to fall in love with people from outside the EU!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Ok, now I'm getting a bit worried. I've been rummaging through some of the old threads and keep seeing people saying that if you have a child the financial requirement is more than £18600! I thought that if the child is a British Citizen (has a UK passport that states this), then it's still only £18600! Is that wrong? I have one kid, and if that makes it more than £18600 then this 6 months (and 4 months apart from wife and child) will have all been for nothing!!! I'll move back to Taiwan if I can't get the visa. At least there they'll accept me back with open arms... Not like this UK government that seems to want to get rid of their own people because we 'choose' to fall in love with people from outside the EU!!!
As long as the child is British, the financial requirement is £18,600 plus the £600 for the spouse's health surcharge fee.
As to questions 4 and 5, bank statements should be originals, ie posted by the bank or stamped by the bank and/or an official letter from the bank verifying bank account details. A copy of your bio page from your British passport is fine. No need to include the passport itself.

Hope someone else will help with other questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies. I thought it stayed at £18600... Thank the gods!

Any help with question 2? If that's ok I'm going to go ahead and send the docs on Monday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I thought it stayed at £18600... Thank the gods!

Any help with question 2? If that's ok I'm going to go ahead and send the docs on Monday.
why would hide the fact that you guys have children's, surely follow on questions would be to state the childrens nationality, if british is stated, then everything else would fall into place?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 It's your wife who completes the online form (ok, you can do it for her but from her standpoint). So it's applying for oneself.
#2 Yes, she has a dependent child but you mention elsewhere she has British passport.
#3 If she hasn't been to biometrics, cancel the application and start again. There are major errors and she risks getting her visa denied or, more likely, have her application returned as invalid, and she may lose all her fees (except health surcharge). See UK Visa Information - Taiwan and click at the very bottom, 'Requesting a Refund.'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Joppa, thank you for your response.

I was hoping not to have to go through it all again, but it's better than losing the fees!

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.