Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my partner and I are considering moving to Aus, he qualifies for a skill independant visa but how do we go about both going? We have been togetherover a year and living together etc so pass all the de facto requirements (I think!) But unsure where to start, does he start with his application and add me later on or do I need to be a part of it from the start?
I hope someone can help with this!

:)

G

·
You would be part of it from the start as secondary applicant. If you have been living together as a defacto couple for a over a year and can prove it then you should be OK. There is no extra charge for secondary applicants that have functional english or more.

He makes the application once he has his skills assessment done and maybe IELTS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, he is in the process of doing his skills assessment now and then will start with the application. We have been together 1yr and a half but only living together 7 months. How does it work to add me at a later date?

G

·
If it takes more than 3 months he'll be able to add you. He should declare you as fiancée on the application and when you meet the requirements he notifies DIAC he wants to add you as secondary applicant sending your passport.

But if it is granted before you meet 12 months, not likely but still, he can not add you. You would have to apply for a spouse visa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.