Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking into starting a shop trading as troconte. Familiar with all aspects of running a large general store in the UK, and am over-familiar with French admin! Can anyone tell me to which body I would have to make my cotisations sociale to, and what percentage of profit?

·
Administrator
50,378 Posts
Moving this over to the France section, as it seems that's the country you're interested in.

Possible typo - do you perhaps mean "brocante"? Or else I've just stumbled onto yet another unfamiliar word in the French language. (Happens all the time...)

Unless you're starting out under the auto-entrepreneur statute, you'd most likely be making your cotisation payments to the RSI. They simplified things a year or two ago and instead of all the various caisses, there is now one unified caisse for artisans and "commercants" and that's the RSI.

If you set up your business as a separate entity (i.e. an EURL or SARL or something similar) cotisations run about 38% of your base (your declared professional revenues including any optional cotisations paid for by your business on your behalf) plus 8% of the base plus any obligatory cotisations that your business pays on your behalf (like retirement funds, mutuelle and/or prévoyance).

If you're a gérant minoritaire, you pay the regular cotisations like any salaried employee.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very many thanks. I did mean trocante - it's basically a second hand shop that deals in, well, everything - dvd's, furniture, white good etc. Could work well here, esp in a time of financial crisis!!!

Moving this over to the France section, as it seems that's the country you're interested in.

Possible typo - do you perhaps mean "brocante"? Or else I've just stumbled onto yet another unfamiliar word in the French language. (Happens all the time...)

Unless you're starting out under the auto-entrepreneur statute, you'd most likely be making your cotisation payments to the RSI. They simplified things a year or two ago and instead of all the various caisses, there is now one unified caisse for artisans and "commercants" and that's the RSI.

If you set up your business as a separate entity (i.e. an EURL or SARL or something similar) cotisations run about 38% of your base (your declared professional revenues including any optional cotisations paid for by your business on your behalf) plus 8% of the base plus any obligatory cotisations that your business pays on your behalf (like retirement funds, mutuelle and/or prévoyance).

If you're a gérant minoritaire, you pay the regular cotisations like any salaried employee.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
50,378 Posts
Very many thanks. I did mean trocante - it's basically a second hand shop that deals in, well, everything - dvd's, furniture, white good etc. Could work well here, esp in a time of financial crisis!!!
Hm, seems trocante is the English word for brocante. I learn something every day on this forum! :yo:

Hope my explanation was somewhat coherent - it was late last night when I was typing that and I kept thinking of stuff I should have added. Basically, it all depends on what sort of business structure you choose and what your official role is in the business.
Cheers,
Bev

Oops - just googled "trocante" - this is a franchise shop that deals in what is basically "brocante" here in France. So you'd wind up having to establish a French company to buy into the franchise. Easiest might be to set up an SARL and establish yourself as a gérant minoritaire so you could do your cotisations the same as an employee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.