Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum,

I'm interested to know which villages in Spain have good internet connections (fiber optic preferred). I see that there is a problem with internet in general in the rural regions of Spain. My preferred place would be a nice village on the southern coast or in the islands, but the very slow internet is often a deal-breakers. If any expats have useful knowledge of this, I'd highly appreciate it!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi forum,

I'm interested to know which villages in Spain have good internet connections (fiber optic preferred). I see that there is a problem with internet in general in the rural regions of Spain. My preferred place would be a nice village on the southern coast or in the islands, but the very slow internet is often a deal-breakers. If any expats have useful knowledge of this, I'd highly appreciate it!
If you could be a bit more pacific as the southern coast covers a lot of villages and hamlets.We live 10minutes from Antequera and our village is quite small but we have had 300mb (fiber optic with Movistar for the last 12 months and we got a great deal.The reason being we have been with Movistar which was Telefonica for over 20years.I am sure if you come up with a pacific area other members might be able to give you advice although you might find your internet slightly more expensive than the UK.Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I'm just researching currently so it's hard to be very specific since I didn't yet zoom in on an area in depth. My work is mostly done via internet so speed isn't something I can compromise on. Paying more for broadband than the UK is all right with me, as long as I get good quality.

So far I've looked at climate conditions (a lot of sun and high temperatures is important), costal positioning and price of fincas. Costal Murcia and the Canaries are pretty attractive to me but I didn't find any good info on the internet about internet connection speed in rural areas (except some vague articles claiming that Spain's villages have slow internet).

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks!

I'm just researching currently so it's hard to be very specific since I didn't yet zoom in on an area in depth. My work is mostly done via internet so speed isn't something I can compromise on. Paying more for broadband than the UK is all right with me, as long as I get good quality.

So far I've looked at climate conditions (a lot of sun and high temperatures is important), costal positioning and price of fincas. Costal Murcia and the Canaries are pretty attractive to me but I didn't find any good info on the internet about internet connection speed in rural areas (except some vague articles claiming that Spain's villages have slow internet).
Have a look at this

https://www.comparaiso.es/manuales-guias/broadband-spain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts