Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When applying for a marriage visitor visa to the UK, the 'Income and expenditure' section in the application asks for the following:-
"What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP?"
"The total amount of money you have for this trip?"
I'm wondering if this includes the wedding cost? Normally for a general visitor form I put my living cost but confused what it shall be this time around?
My partner is a British Citizen and I shall be splitting the wedding cost with him. Would you suggest I mention this somewhere to aid the application?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's referring to living expenses to support yourself during your stay, does not include wedding costs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! However the confusion remains as 'cost of your living expenses' is a separate question in the form to the above two mentioned in the original post. How is 'living cost' different from 'cost to you personally of this trip? 'Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Travel costs will be flight, travel to and from airport, train etc.
Living costs will be hotels, other accommodation, meals etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do wish it were that simple!
Travel and accomodation are separate questions too :eyes:
I best list them all:-
1. What is the cost to you personally of this trip?
2. The total amount of money you have for this trip
3. Cost of aeroplane or train tickets
4. Accomodation cost
5. The cost of your living expenses

Does question 1 encapsulate everything and the others are bifurcated? And is there no need to add wedding cost in 1 & 2 considering its a marriage visitor visa?
I'm very lost! Therefore taking suggestions...

Sorry to take your time on something so trivial! But I just want to be cautious that's all! Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Don't overthink! Just give a rough figure that bears some semblance to reality - they really aren't too bothered about exact breakdown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.