Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Can someone tell me if the costs in rural France are any different than say Spain. Cheers Many Thanks Di:confused:

·
Administrator
48,554 Posts
There is alot of rural France - are you thinking of any area in particular? Southwest, southeast, north of the Loire? It can vary quite a bit.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I am Talking off

There is alot of rural France - are you thinking of any area in particular? Southwest, southeast, north of the Loire? It can vary quite a bit.
Cheers,
Bev
Sorry Bev, I should have said which region. I am looking in the region of Charente, Poitou- Charentes and around the west coast.
Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
I was talking to a French friend who has a place in Spain, although not exactly rural. His home in France is in a quiet town (north part of the Bouches du Rhone). He reckoned prices these days are pretty much the same.

M

·
0 Posts
Restaurants, hotels, fuel, car hire, tobacco, alcohol overall are slightly cheaper in Spain than in Languedoc.

The days of buying stuff in Spain at half the French price are long gone. Regrettably !

Peter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking to some French tourists a few weeks ago from NW France in a rural area they felt that it was more expensive in Spain (andalucia coast).

Why you are trying to find out? Are you thinking of moving... if so then there are so many other factors to consider and I think the difference in the cost of living is not that great that it should not greatly influence your final choice.

Antonio

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys, Thanks so much it is what i thought, we have lived in the Granada area of Spain and have family there so that is why we wondered how it compared ? Any rural area we choose i think will be fine for us, there is so much to look at around the country.

Cheers Di

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.