Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am going currently to move to be living in Doncaster area, East Yorkshire. My new company offered me 40K GBP plus 8K GBP more to be living there. I would need to rent a flat and buy a car because of this new job.

Would you be so nice to informing me whether this income would be enough to live there without any problem or not, please?

Thanks a million

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hello all,

I am going currently to move to be living in Doncaster area, East Yorkshire. My new company offered me 40K GBP plus 8K GBP more to be living there. I would need to rent a flat and buy a car because of this new job.

Would you be so nice to informing me whether this income would be enough to live there without any problem or not, please?

Thanks a million

Sounds ok to me, especially if you have no dependants

Jo xxx

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Firstly you should be advised that you are in fact moving to South Yorkshire, the home of heavy industry, coal mining, steel works, power stations etc. etc.

Doncaster is not the prettiest of places, but the outlying countryside is interesting.

The cost of living is cheaper in South Yorkshire, than other parts of Yorkshire, mainly because it is a working class area, with a fair amount of unemployment. The salary that you quote you will be able to live like a King:)

Doncaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
For one person, ample. Doncaster (a former coal mining town) isn't an expensive place at all and rent and cost of living are lower than average for UK, much lower than in the South. You should be able to find a small flat for £500 a month and same again for council tax, utilities, tv/landline/broadband and food, and a car running cost will be around 50p per mile incuding fuel, tax, servicing, insurance and depreciation for a small car like Fiesta, Polo or Corsa (buying new), though insurance depends on having a UK licence and driving experience.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks a million
I live 30km north of doncaster. £40k is a good salary. You will be able to get a very nice house/cottage for £700 per cal month in the countryside. Alternatively, you could get a very nice city flat in york for similar money. 19 mins by train to doncaster, trains every 20 mins or so. York has a very nice cosmo feel, Doncaster is perhaps the poorest city in Yorkshire. the theatre, restaurants and cultural feel will reflect that. I suspect you would not reget living in York, perhaps you might regret living in Doncaster. HTH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.