Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My wife and I have just come back from viewing a house in Ain. We are very excited about the house but there are 2 pretty major things which need doing.
- connecting electricity to the house.
- connecting of a telephone line.

We know both of these aren't too cheap and I would be on the phone to both EDF and FT if this wasn't Saturday. But it is so I thought I would ask if anyone living in the Ain area has had to do either and if anyone could give me an idea as to prices.

I'm also going to spend the afternoon looking into solar panels so if anyone has had experience of companies in Ain then any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance

Ricky

·
Registered
From the US...lived in Canada, UK, & France
1,290 Posts
Hello everyone.
My wife and I have just come back from viewing a house in Ain. We are very excited about the house but there are 2 pretty major things which need doing.
- connecting electricity to the house.
- connecting of a telephone line.
Ricky
I suppose like everything... it depends. It depends on how large the house is, on whether you have electrical wiring in the house now, whether any existing wiring is substandard, how tricky it will be to get to some areas, etc.

We have a little 2 story stone house (about 70 - 75 sq m) with a very tall cave running the whole length. It's somewhere between 400 and 500 years old. We just had it entirely rewired by a qualified electrician. That is, every wire was pulled out (or in some cases chiseled out of the stone walls) and replaced with new wiring that is to code. We added a few lights and plugs in the process. We also had a new panel installed. The cost was about 5,000€.

Adding a telephone line (which in our case also provided Internet access and television), is relatively cheap. I think it was about 30 - 50€.

If your electrical system is substandard and you have a fire, your insurance company can decline to pay. The electrician's paid bill is you defense that you have wiring up to code!

Best of luck.

Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.