Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
hey Gard D----Yeah I agree. there are a lot not working but in the lower income bracket that couldn't afford to go out to eat before. I really believe it is people that is scared to go out. I don't want to go into a restaurant to eat right now.

The worst is to come. the infectious experts thinks the fall season here will be really bad. that is the flu season and hurricane season here in Florida. they were talking about this on the news today. If we get a bad hurricane and they have to evacuate people they don't know how to handle it with the distancing rules. We could get a triple punch in the fall. (heavy flu season, hurricane and corvid-19)

Art

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
hey Gard D----Yeah I agree. there are a lot not working but in the lower income bracket that couldn't afford to go out to eat before. I really believe it is people that is scared to go out. I don't want to go into a restaurant to eat right now.

The worst is to come. the infectious experts thinks the fall season here will be really bad. that is the flu season and hurricane season here in Florida. they were talking about this on the news today. If we get a bad hurricane and they have to evacuate people they don't know how to handle it with the distancing rules. We could get a triple punch in the fall. (heavy flu season, hurricane and corvid-19)

Art
The only reason to get a heavy flu season this coming autumn is if people don't get their flu shots or the who get it wrong so the shot is not effective this time around. As to hurricanes not a lot you can do about that although only a relatively small area is effected.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Gary D.----- I have lived here in the states from birth. I have lived through a lot of hurricanes in Florida. Hurricanes are not always small and destroy small areas. When we have a hurricane that has winds out 200 miles from the center on both sides of the eye it affects a lot of area.that becomes 400 mile spread. We had one that covered 80% of the state several years ago.
Then we get ones that travels up the coast line and destroys most everything for 100's of miles.

As far as the flu goes, I always get a shot at the Veterans office. But that is a no guarantee that I will not get the flu. Sometimes we have a light season and other times it is heavy one. I know there are a lot of people that don't get shots. I hope this year we don't have a direct hit with a hurricane.

Art

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have NEVER had a flu shot in my life and only had flu once in my 20's (I am now 71!!). Anyone approaching me with the flu shot will get in placed where the sun don't shine. Watch this video before it goes down .......... then decide for yourselves.

·
3,242 Posts
It's beginning to open up here in Laguna slowly and I was able to get to my bank in the next city of Sta Cruz Laguna and withdraw money and I noticed most of the smaller business were open and people out and about but still social utilizing social distancing, something I haven't' seen in a very long time it actually was a welcomed scene and I stopped at McDonald's and ordered the 8 piece family fried chicken and french fries and 8 cheese burgers, my wife wanted fried chicken and then when I get home my son and wife are eating hamburgers! My hamburgers!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's beginning to open up here in Laguna slowly and I was able to get to my bank in the next city of Sta Cruz Laguna and withdraw money and I noticed most of the smaller business were open and people out and about but still social utilizing social distancing, something I haven't' seen in a very long time it actually was a welcomed scene and I stopped at McDonald's and ordered the 8 piece family fried chicken and french fries and 8 cheese burgers, my wife wanted fried chicken and then when I get home my son and wife are eating hamburgers! My hamburgers!
That's something I found out very early on is that there is no MY in the Philippines. We are still under ECQ so still no going out. Looks like it's going to get another 15 days.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
It is opening up here in Florida some. Some places have been closed down again because they refused to obey the safe distancing rule. The law enforcement needs to shut everyone down that does not obey the order to show all the other places they better obey the order or get shut back down.

art

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I see where the mayors in Manila have asked that ECQ be extended another 15 days but cannot find anything about Cebu province. There are no cases around so I am hoping for GCQ. (It might still be ECQ in Cebu City.)

Anyone have any information? wild ass guesses?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
We are still on ECQ here in Mandurriao and I presume all of Iloilo City. Had an incident of some non-containment either yesterday or day before in Villa/Arevilo so don't know how they are going to handle it. Guess some more wait & see.

Fred

·
3,242 Posts
I was blocked from getting to my bank today, I was going to deposit my US check but denied, they told me it would be open tomorrow for travel to Sta Cruz Laguna that's where my bank is so I guess it's not as open as I thought, and only on certain days if your riding a trike also.

Bottom line is I wish that Laguna could be opened up and if Manila has issues then it should be locked down, it seems like the adjoining provincial area's also suffer the same fate as Manila or other larger cities and adjoining provincial areas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The virus will be everywhere in the next few months. It can't be stopped just like the flu. Schools are starting to close here in the PI so I expect it is spreading. Without enough test kits (same in the US) they will never know who and how many are really infected.

I have already cancelled plans to visit the US in August.

I hope everything will be okay soon.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts