Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I am about to complete my husbands Flr m.

I went to the bank today to get a copy of my most recent transactions (including my August pay).

There was no problem getting the statement printed but they now say they only stamp the top page??

With the initial visa, they were happy to stamp every page.

I've been to two branches and both refuse to stamp anything other than the first page (there are only two)

It does say on the printed statement however page one of two and does say that both pages were printed in branch.

Do you think this will be accepted? They don't realise how important this document is!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
This what FM-SE says about bank statements if they are not originals:

electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just had the same problem with my bank here in the usa. They do not have a stamp and was telling us most banks (here anyway) have gotten rid of the stamps. (all 3 of our banks HSBC, Citi BANK and Bank America do not have stamps) So i took in the reply Nyclon sent me (same quote here lol) and it helped the manager of our branch understand the situation. She was extremely helpful and she signed each page of our statement and then generated a letter to authenticate and signed and dated that too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the replies.

I might try that with my bank, bring in the above quote and see what they say. If they still refuse I might just ask to speak to the manager to make a complaint

To be on the safe side I ordered a paper copy to be sent in the post. It's going to delay me sending the application off but I would rather that then the visa being declined!

The frustrating thing is that there were only two pages, they only had to stamp one more piece of paper! What's worse is that my salary going in was on the first page, but as the quote above says, every page has to be stamped!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just thought i would check in with you to see if you managed to get the bank to help you. Not all banks have a stamp and most companies do paperless so you have to work around it as best you can to meet the visa requirements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.