Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a place to retire.....prefer cool weather....a place with lots of pretty girls. Suggestions on what city would be best ? Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Coolest places in the Philippines are in the mountains on Luzon. No matter what city or village there are beautiful girls to see. Baguio City is the most popular, known as the summer capital. And from what I have heard, the most expensive.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Well, we can meet only one of your requirements here. There are plenty of girls... This is a tropical, hot country that is effected by disastorus typhoons every year. Safe? This country is anything but safe and will eat you alive unless you are prepared and know (by experience) what to expect. I would suggest Hawaii!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, let me add a couple things please...I want to find a place that is inexpensive, that is why the Phillipines seems interesting. I've visited many countries....Cuba....Colombia...Panama....Thailand...etc, ad lived in Costa Rica for a year. I am looking for a place that would ultimately be cool weather, safe from violent crime, lots of hot girls....and inexpensive. Anyone been to Baguio City ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
lv_artist said:
Norway, Sweden and Finland have good looking women and the climate is very cool.
It's actually very cold in these country during the winter time and also very expensive!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Hahaha...

weh! dinga?
Girls? What are girls? I've heard that word somewhere before but I've been married for so long now that I forgot :jaw:.. Hmmm maybe I'm just getting old-Hahaha!!!

Reactions: Phil_expat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gene and Viol said:
Girls? What are girls? I've heard that word somewhere before but I've been married for so long now that I forgot :jaw:.. Hmmm maybe I'm just getting old-Hahaha!!!
Tsk, tsk -getting old is not compulsory

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Tsk, tsk -getting old is not compulsory
Thats what I think too but the old body has other ideas! Hahaha

·
Registered
109 Posts
lefties43332 said:
its not made up words,,its filipino words. Yes youre right,,tama ka
Oh, right, thanks for sharing that. But the word is not familiar to me and certainly not a proper Tagalog word. Do you know how the word came about? You probably know more than me when it comes to new words.. There are so many Filipino slang that I am not familiar .

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Oh, right, thanks for sharing that. But the word is not familiar to me and certainly not a proper Tagalog word. Do you know how the word came about? You probably know more than me when it comes to new words.. There are so many Filipino slang that I am not familiar .
well,,everybody I know here uses it....even bisayas-weh is like are u sure?? or yeah right,,dinga is really? same as talaga or unsa

·
Registered
696 Posts
OK, let me add a couple things please...I want to find a place that is inexpensive, that is why the Phillipines seems interesting. I've visited many countries....Cuba....Colombia...Panama....Thailand...etc, ad lived in Costa Rica for a year. I am looking for a place that would ultimately be cool weather, safe from violent crime, lots of hot girls....and inexpensive. Anyone been to Baguio City ?
Baguio is very nice and cool. I was there in November and the weather was perfect. 75 F in the day, low humidity and in the high 50's at night. It is probably very cold there now because it is very cool here in Laguna.

There are beautiful girls all over the Philippines so that is never an issue. If you are looking for a bar girl scene, I don't think they have those in Baguio (for foreigners).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a townhouse in Baguio and spent three weeks over the Christmas holidays and yes it was cool. Some say it is expensive, but it fits my budget. Like any Filipino town, one must be careful. Any specific questions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you prefer cool weather, that leaves you with 2 choices: Baguio City or Tagaytay. Both are cool and have a lot of rain, however. Baguio is much friendlier in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coolest places in the Philippines are in the mountains on Luzon. No matter what city or village there are beautiful girls to see. Baguio City is the most popular, known as the summer capital. And from what I have heard, the most expensive.
Baguio is not that expensive when compared to Manila or Angeles City. I lived in baguio for 2 years and the only thing that drove me away was the cool weather and the rain.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts