Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My UK driving licence was due to expire on 2 June 2020 but was extended by 11 months due to Covid so it now expires on 2 May 2021.

Will I still be able to convert it to a Philippines licence? Will I have to pass the written and practical examination?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
My UK driving licence was due to expire on 2 June 2020 but was extended by 11 months due to Covid so it now expires on 2 May 2021.

Will I still be able to convert it to a Philippines licence? Will I have to pass the written and practical examination?
Yes and no, no exam requirements. Be prepared to spend a day at the local LTO. Many will argue but you need to be a resident to qualify. You need to be in the Philippines for one month and show a further 6 months visa so no tourists. Many tourists have got away with it so your milage will vary.

·
Registered
322 Posts
To fill the time gap until you get a Philippine drivers license you can get an international driverse license by using your UK drivers license to get one, but I suppouse your UK driverse licemse has to valid to make that police, because otherwice could people, who has lost right to drive get an international drivers license by the not valid and by expired IU suppouse International drivers license handler can't see if yoi have right to get one.
It's time limit how long time you can be in Phils and drive legal with Internatinal. 12 months?

They have made it some harder to get Filipino drivers license from scratch, but years ago driving wasn't even included the driver license test. A Filipina I know has LEGAL car drivers licemse but she has NEVER drivem a car 🤣 🤣🤣

(I think of perhaps skiping the cost and work for reneval > international > Filipino drivers license and jump direct to Filipino drivers license myself, but hesitate because the Swedish driverse license I have show I'm qualified to drive almost everything. (Not big buses with many passengers.) I dion't know if I''m allowed to drive buses with no passengers :) I'm allowed to drive big lorries.))

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
There is no such thing as an international drivers license its correct name is an international drivers permit and its only function is to convert your national driving license into a language suitable for the country you are going to drive in, so in tbe case of the Philippines english. On its own it has no validity and only supports your national driving licence. You are allowed to drive for 90 days in the Philippines from you date of entry with your valid UK licence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts