Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

Is that possible to convert application 190 class from onshore application to Offshore? There will be any delay in processing due to this?..

Please suggest..

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
190.4—Circumstances applicable to grant
The applicant may be in or outside Australia when the visa is granted, but not in immigration clearance

In 190, If you apply onshore or offshore there is no mandate to get the visa at the same place you applied

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In 190, If you apply onshore or offshore there is no mandate to get the visa at the same place you applied
So If I apply being in AUS and my circumstance change and before grant in-case I have to travel to my native country , How can I travel on Bridging Visa?

and What I need to do in this case?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no differentiation between onshore and offshore in the 190 visa class anymore. Just let your case officer know about the address change (Form 929).

Thanks for clarifying it.

Do we have any supportive documents for it where I can dig more and find more info regarding converting onshore to offshore?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
So If I apply being in AUS and my circumstance change and before grant in-case I have to travel to my native country , How can I travel on Bridging Visa?

and What I need to do in this case?
if you are on a BVA, you need to apply for a BVB, then travel to any country, but make sure you return before the BVB expires, if it expires while you're offshore, both the BVB and the BVA will cease, and then you will have to wait for your 190 grant offshore

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Thanks for clarifying it.

Do we have any supportive documents for it where I can dig more and find more info regarding converting onshore to offshore?
I already quoted migration regulations (Schedule 2, Clause 190.4) in my reply above. 190 can be granted onshore or offshore regardless of where the application was made. Some other visas can't and in that case Schedule 2 mentions clearly you have to be in a certain place at the time of grant (e.g.: 820 can only be granted onshore, 309 can only be granted offshore ...etc.)

Dude, you need to RELAX. You are burning through your own nerves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Offshore EOI

by still having a student visa at the moment i can still submit my EOI as an offshore applicant from my home country and come back to australia and continue as normal ? or are there any restrictions to whether i have to stay outside for a certain time before lodging my EoI ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts