Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently got my 60 points and currently I`m located in Sydney on 457 dependent (my wife`s visa). Now I`m ready to start EOI however I in my 457 visa it says that my nominated Occupation as "Software Tester" and I`m a software developer. I`ve applied for Software Developer and my ACS says the same. Now when I apply for EOI will this create an issue.

Thanks ,
Pavan

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you're dependent on your wife's 457 visa, it's her nominated occupation that may be mentioned on the visa (I've only ever see the nomination occupation on the primary applicant's visa, not on dependent visas).

Since you are a dependent on the 457 visa, it won't matter what occupation you name on your visa application.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,
does anyone know if 457 visa converts to PR in anytime...like is it mentioned anywhere?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
A 457 does not convert to a PR visa.

If you are on a 457, you may apply for a skilled visa at any time. If your employer is willing and able to sponsor you for a PR visa, you can apply for the 186 or 187 visa - if you've worked for your employer on a 457 visa in the nominated occupation for at least 2 years you can apply under the Temporary Resident Transition stream, otherwise you can apply under the Direct Entry stream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts