Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

Need clarification regarding process of conversion of SS 190 in to PR post stay in Australia.

Once a candidate gets Sate Sponsorship and stays in that state for 2 years, what is the next step ? will she/he have to apply again in point system to get PR ? I am 37 years of age, so by the time i complete 2 years in a state i will be more than 39 and if i have to apply again through point system then i will lose 10 points for age. I am confused about conversion of 190 SS in to PR . Kindly enlighten me members :)

Thanks!
NN

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dear Members,

Need clarification regarding process of conversion of SS 190 in to PR post stay in Australia.

Once a candidate gets Sate Sponsorship and stays in that state for 2 years, what is the next step ? will she/he have to apply again in point system to get PR ? I am 37 years of age, so by the time i complete 2 years in a state i will be more than 39 and if i have to apply again through point system then i will lose 10 points for age. I am confused about conversion of 190 SS in to PR . Kindly enlighten me members :)

Thanks!
NN

Visa 190 itself is a PR visa. You need not apply for PR again once you got 190 grant. You should read Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) for more details.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear Members,

Thanks!
NN
After completion of 2 years you are free to settle anywhere in Australia. Visa SC is a Permanent Resident visa itself so you need not have to worry to renew it. Its validity is 5 years and when eligible you can apply for citizenship else you have to apply for resident return visa if you leave country after 5 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts