Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All, an easy question:
My Salarié en Mission Titre de Séjour expires December 4 2014, while my wife's accompanying spouse visa expires 6 months earlier on June 4. We are probably not going to go the trouble to renew her's and so are thinking to move to the US at the end of May.
However, could we do the following? Stay another 90 days after June 4 because my wife could claim to be a 90-day tourist? What would support that claim? Would she need to leave France before June 4 and then return after June 4? Or is there something else that could or should be done?
Or more generally, having returned to the US on the expiration of one of these working visas, how soon can one return as a 90-day tourist?
Having trouble with the thought of letting go, I guess,
xmeyer

·
Administrator
50,906 Posts
As far as I know, there's no particular waiting period between when a long-stay visa runs out and when you can next enter France on a 90 day Schengen. Safest thing to do would be to leave France on June 4th and then return a day or two later. (Quick shopping trip to London, maybe?)

Practically speaking, even that may not be necessary - but just in case they are tracking your comings and goings, that would register a "new" entry after the date of your wife's visa expiration and thus show her on a new "Schengen" tourist visa.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.