Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DIBP website lists the following are acceptable for a contributing parents visa

However they do not have the birth certificate although they are trying for the same but as it’s a 60 year old case, even the hospitals where they were born have closed down

Identity documents

Provide one of the following:
a birth certificate showing the names of both parents
identification pages of a family book showing the names of both parents
identification pages of an identification document issued by the government
identification pages of a court-issued document that proves your identity
identification pages of a family census register.

Will Aadhaar Card an Indian national identity card issued by the Government suffice ? ( item 3)

What is a family book ? (item 2)

If I can get an affidavit sworn before a magistrate in the court, will that suffice( item 4)

I still have more then a year, but wanted to make sure that they have all papers ready in time ( My phobia for complete paperwork)

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,691 Posts
The DIBP website lists the following are acceptable for a contributing parents visa

However they do not have the birth certificate although they are trying for the same but as it’s a 60 year old case, even the hospitals where they were born have closed down

Identity documents

Provide one of the following:
a birth certificate showing the names of both parents
identification pages of a family book showing the names of both parents
identification pages of an identification document issued by the government
identification pages of a court-issued document that proves your identity
identification pages of a family census register.

Will Aadhaar Card an Indian national identity card issued by the Government suffice ? ( item 3)

What is a family book ? (item 2)

If I can get an affidavit sworn before a magistrate in the court, will that suffice( item 4)

I still have more then a year, but wanted to make sure that they have all papers ready in time ( My phobia for complete paperwork)

Cheers
Aadhaar Cards should do the job. A family book is where the family tree is recorded - it's usual in China, called a hukou.

Item 4 should also work, but I must admit I'd probably try and get both that and the Aadhaar cards. Better chances of no delays. :)

But you might like to try and contact DHA and see if they can answer you: [email protected]

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aadhaar Cards should do the job. A family book is where the family tree is recorded - it's usual in China, called a hukou.

Item 4 should also work, but I must admit I'd probably try and get both that and the Aadhaar cards. Better chances of no delays. :)

But you might like to try and contact DHA and see if they can answer you: [email protected]
Thanks

Really appreciate it

You have been a life saver as always

Will email DIBP and ask for clarification

Cheers

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How do I make the secondary payments ?

My parents would like to do it from India from their own savings

In that case, no credit or debit card will have a limit of 100,000 AUD for a single transaction
Even if The entire amount is freely available in the bank account

Can it be sent by a wire transfer or a bank draft payable in Australia ?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,691 Posts

In that case, no credit or debit card will have a limit of 100,000 AUD for a single transaction

Cheers
Contacting DHA should give you the answer. They might be able to pay by bank draft from an Indian bank in rupees, payable to the Australian High Commission in New Delhi.

Otherwise, using an FX service to transfer the funds to your account might be a good option, and then you could pay in Australia.

Try calling the Parent Visa Centre (1800 180 303) or emailing [email protected]

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had mailed them and asked for the clarification on whether passport and Aadhaar card is sufficient in lieu of Birth certificate

This is the reply I got

Thank you for your email, yes that will be sufficient to lodge your application.

Is it a clear YES or it is just sufficient to lodge the application, but the final decision will be taken by the CO ?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,691 Posts
I had mailed them and asked for the clarification on whether passport and Aadhaar card is sufficient in lieu of Birth certificate

This is the reply I got

Thank you for your email, yes that will be sufficient to lodge your application.

Is it a clear YES or it is just sufficient to lodge the application, but the final decision will be taken by the CO ?

Cheers
I'd take it as sufficient to meet the CO's needs - however, generally, the staff are well-trained enough to understand that they can't (ever) say yes on the CO's behalf - that decision will always rest with them. Even if they know it will be fine. :)

So even if they are familiar with the requirements for Parent Visas, and they're sure it will be ok, they shouldn't give a definitive yes! (which is why you got an "Ok to lodge' rather than a "yes, it meets the CO's needs". :)

Parent Visa staff tend to be a bit more relaxed, more experienced and are at a slightly higher level than many other processing staff for other visas. You're less likely to have any issues, as generally they know very well what they are doing. ;)

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'd take it as sufficient to meet the CO's needs - however, generally, the staff are well-trained enough to understand that they can't (ever) say yes on the CO's behalf - that decision will always rest with them. Even if they know it will be fine. :)

So even if they are familiar with the requirements for Parent Visas, and they're sure it will be ok, they shouldn't give a definitive yes! (which is why you got an "Ok to lodge' rather than a "yes, it meets the CO's needs". :)

Parent Visa staff tend to be a bit more relaxed, more experienced and are at a slightly higher level than many other processing staff for other visas. You're less likely to have any issues, as generally they know very well what they are doing. ;)

Thanks

Will now move to the next document as this was a major hurdle crossed

I am sure most Indian parents would be facing this problem as birth certificates were not so prevalent about 60 years ago,
and even if one had got it made, once they got their passport made, it lost all its relevance in the Indian context, so would not have kept It very carefully

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contributory parent visa (subclass 143)

Hi Everyone,

I did some online search across forums and got mixed opinions on the Contributory parent visa (subclass 143). I was wondering if someone could help me with the below queries -

1. If my parent is in Australia on a visitor visa 600 with "no further stay", Can i apply for 143 or not? Any reference URL would be helpful. I didnt see any such restrictions on the border.gov page.

2.When someone files for 173 then waits for 39 months to get a visa for 2 years and then applies for 143, do they have to wait for another 39 months to get their final decision as I see the processing time for both of them is around 36-39 months.

3.When I add the figures 143 + 173 Upgrade turns out to be more expensive in terms of time and money? Am I missing something

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Cheers
Won't a forex card work?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Everyone,

I did some online search across forums and got mixed opinions on the Contributory parent visa (subclass 143). I was wondering if someone could help me with the below queries -

1. If my parent is in Australia on a visitor visa 600 with "no further stay", Can i apply for 143 or not? Any reference URL would be helpful. I didnt see any such restrictions on the border.gov page.

2.When someone files for 173 then waits for 39 months to get a visa for 2 years and then applies for 143, do they have to wait for another 39 months to get their final decision as I see the processing time for both of them is around 36-39 months.

3.When I add the figures 143 + 173 Upgrade turns out to be more expensive in terms of time and money? Am I missing something

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers.

3. The DIBP website itself says that 173+ 143 is costly but because the cost is spread over 2 visas, over a period of time, many applicants may opt for that

If you can spare the complete charges + the AOS bond of 10k in a single shot then undoubtedly 143 is the way to go

Cheers

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Won't a forex card work?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I doubt any bank would load 100,000 AUD in a single card

Cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

I was going through the list of documents required for Citizenship for myself, and I noticed that the requirements of birth certificate comes up again

This time there are no alternatives given , as was in the case of the Contributory Parents Visa

Most Parents would be taking the citizenship, and if the birth certificate is a must at that stage, then better to start looking for ways to get it right now and submit it during the 143 also

Any thoughts if I am correct or Birth certificate is not required even at citizenship stage

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,691 Posts
I was going through the list of documents required for Citizenship for myself, and I noticed that the requirements of birth certificate comes up again

This time there are no alternatives given , as was in the case of the Contributory Parents Visa

Most Parents would be taking the citizenship, and if the birth certificate is a must at that stage, then better to start looking for ways to get it right now and submit it during the 143 also

Any thoughts if I am correct or Birth certificate is not required even at citizenship stage

Cheers
Sometimes it just can't be done, but if there is any way at all to get it, best start trying sooner rather than later!

Otherwise, you might find that an SD stating it can't be done, together with a current Passport, 10th cert, Aadhar, might do the trick.

The best thing may be to drop DHA a message and ask - it must be pretty common. :)

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sometimes it just can't be done, but if there is any way at all to get it, best start trying sooner rather than later!

Otherwise, you might find that an SD stating it can't be done, together with a current Passport, 10th cert, Aadhar, might do the trick.

The best thing may be to drop DHA a message and ask - it must be pretty common. :)
What is the email Id for citizenship queries ?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 111 Posts