Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have just bought a building plot near Limoges and contracts were exchanged a week ago. When can we start clearing the site ready to start building?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good morning - no-one else is saying it - you have got planning permission - outline for residential building purposes and specific for your plans, haven't you?

Re clearing the site I presume you can start this morning - but I would suggest a quick word with your lawyer.

G

·
Good morning - no-one else is saying it - you have got planning permission - outline for residential building purposes and specific for your plans, haven't you?

Re clearing the site I presume you can start this morning - but I would suggest a quick word with your lawyer.
That may seem like a silly comment to some, but I live 400 yards from a field that once contained an old farm bought for 200,000 euros, another 100,000 euros spent on architects and various other preparations, before the owner jumped the gun and demolished the entire property ready to start building from scratch. Unfortunately the planning permission he had was for renovation only.

A local farmer called the gendarmes, and now, some eight years on, the British purchasers are now the proud owners of probably the most expensive field in France, despite repeated attempts to get planning permission applications approved, appeals to the prefet, etc. Why? because once a building on green belt land in France is completely demolished, what you have left is a field. And getting permission to build on fields in green belt land is, quite simply, impossible.

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
I'll only add that I've seen building sites where they first post a "demolition permit" - if there is anything existing already on the plot that is part of the "clearing" you're talking about, you'd best check to see if you need a demolition permit.

Then, of course, you need to clear your plans to build with the mairie and buy one of those big posters to post your building permit details.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Yes we have planning permission it took about 18 months to get with the architect and geometre involved. We are only clearing undergrowth etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,
Go and see your Mayor, the font of all knowledge - he will indicate what you can and can't do immediately. If you've not yet met now is the perfect time, his help and approval is invaluable.
Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.