Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi (me again)

My fiance and I are applying at the end of April start of May so atm we are getting our docs in order. We have came across an issue on showing continued devotion.

My fiance saved all of our msn conversations from August last year (before August I have all of our convos dating back around 3 yrs) as I am now using a shared computer. We decided to look through these the other night to pick out a few conversations for each month from Oct when we last saw each other but they dont work.

The xml code for them is messed up somehow, we have emailed microsoft to see if they can help us at all but as we mostly use msn for chatting and camming we now have NO conversations to show.

We rarely use skype, have a few phonecalls in the last few months but not many.

We msn on a daily basis for at least an hour to 6/7 hours. Once a week we also have "date night" where we watch a movie together through live stream we have no way to prove this though.

I am saving our convos from here on out as my xml code seems to be fine but that will only give us one month.

He has the christmas card I sent him (we both got rid of the reciepts for sending the presents >_<) but we really dont have much else.

Any ideas on what we can do????

·
Registered
54 Posts
deebz I dont have an answer for you yet, but I've asked my husband and am waiting for him to get back to me, bc he was able to go into his computer and get an archive, not from Yahoo (we use yahoo messenger) but it was an archive in his computer. Maybe your computer has the same kind of archive. It doesn't give any details, just our user names and the dates and times and what kind of communication (chat or video chat).

·
Registered
54 Posts
deebz, on his computer he went to this path, try this in yours and see if your MSN files are archived there: C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\My Received Files\(user name plus numbers)\History

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deebz, on his computer he went to this path, try this in yours and see if your MSN files are archived there: C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\My Received Files\(user name plus numbers)\History
Yeah thats where our docs are saved, the issue is all of the ones he has (essentially our entire conversation history since last august) the xml code is broken on them so you cant actually read them. They come up as computer jargon, we are sending them off to microsoft to see if the can fix the xml code but arent holding out much hope.

I am saving them now but we now have no history since we last saw each other in Oct except 7 skype calls and our fb page.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the files are gone, not sure what the hell his computer is doing but imma punch it when i next see it.

My plan now is to send what little stuff we have, along with supporting letters from family saying they have met him and that we talk all the time etc.

I am also planning to move forward my trip to Canada. The original plan was to go over and help him move once we had the visa but now I am thinking it might be best to go before we apply and apply while I am there. That way our time apart at time of application is none at all and we can do the app together

Thoughts on this, is this a good idea? I swear my brain isnt working anymore lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Best thing I can suggest is to take a screenshot of the folder/path extension screen where these files were supposed to be located and submit that, explaining that the containing files are unfortunately unreadable. I haven't used MSN in years, but if I remember correctly, such log files should be grouped by (and mention) dates in the associated file titles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best thing I can suggest is to take a screenshot of the folder/path extension screen where these files were supposed to be located and submit that, explaining that the containing files are unfortunately unreadable. I haven't used MSN in years, but if I remember correctly, such log files should be grouped by (and mention) dates in the associated file titles.
All the folders say is my username and a bunch of numbers at the end of it. The dates and times are in the contact logs which is the bit that is unreadable. His computer has now deleted the corrupted files (my logs and a few other ppl he chats to) so we cant get them at all now. We have 2 that he sent me before they were erased but we still cant read them >_<

Would my idea of going over before we apply mean that we dont need these logs anymore?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.