Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help on approximate door to door shipping times for a container from West coast of North America to Perth. I know it depends on how everything falls into place (or not). I am just looking for a rough idea of how much of a pain it will be. We have 3 young children so furniture is kind of a neat thing to have. We are debating storing everything in Canada and renting furnished however the options seem to be few and far between.

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Gus

welcome to teh forum,

have you searched the forum for other posts/threads regarding teh same? i think the cost is about 3000$ but not sure. I suggest you search the forum and as and when you plan to go ahead with it, take atleast 5-7 quotes before u decide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Gus

welcome to teh forum,

have you searched the forum for other posts/threads regarding teh same? i think the cost is about 3000$ but not sure. I suggest you search the forum and as and when you plan to go ahead with it, take atleast 5-7 quotes before u decide.
I have searched the forums but timing was not clear. I am not so concerned about the costs. This will be covered by my company.

Thanks,
Gerard

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have searched the forums but timing was not clear. I am not so concerned about the costs. This will be covered by my company.

Thanks,
Gerard
Hi Gerard

Your shipping company should be able to give you an exact time or expected delivery time for your shipment.
We have just relocated from Dubai and our shipment door to door from Dubai to Brisbane took just four weeks. We were lucky that we were in company paid accommodation for the first four weeks until we found our own house. We had the company air freight over all our babies stuff cot etc etc so her stuff arrived after two weeks. As it turned out we found a house two weeks after arriving here so we were lucky that we could just have the shipment company deliver goods to our new address and two days after we moved in our shipment had cleared customs and was ready for delivery.

Just an idea for you. If you have stuff you need urgently get them to air freight it. Also reccommend throwing stuff like toaster kettles etc if you are only in paid accommodation for a number of weeks as we ended up going out to buy all those things for just a week before our sea freight arrived.

Also you can rent furniture until your own stuff arrives. We rented a bed, sofa, fridge washing machine etc.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts