Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wondering if anyone has applied from Brisbane and received confirmation from Sheffield that they have received the scanned supporting documents?

I had my biometrics appointment on June 30 and had my supporting documents scanned but have heard nothing since.

I was going to contact Brisbane VFS to see what was going on but I can't find anywhere a phone number for them, it just refers me to contact the home office.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You can't contact any visa application centre direct. You must contact Home Office instead. This now costs money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa. I've done that now and I have received back the standard email that my application is under consideration and that it can take up to 12 weeks and thanking me for my patience! Unfortunately it still didn't confirm whether they have received my supporting documents, but I suppose at least it didn't say they don't have them! Its a shame I couldn't contact Brisbane vfs just to confirm what they did. I know I cant ask them about the decision but the difficult and costly way we have to communicate with home office is a shame.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
They do that to prevent VACs being inundated with calls asking for news and updates. So it's streamlined and must be directed to Home Office, which can then control the flow of information (in theory, at least).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.