Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My priority application will hit the 12-week mark soon. My partner and I are going to contact our MP again, but I want to know if any of you got in touch (or are planning to get in touch) with yours? It might be a good idea to let the MPs know their fellows are working on similar issues.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
MPs only deal with affairs of their constituents. MP can ask a question direct to an immigration minister in the House if a matter is of more general interest.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My priority application will hit the 12-week mark soon. My partner and I are going to contact our MP again, but I want to know if any of you got in touch (or are planning to get in touch) with yours? It might be a good idea to let the MPs know their fellows are working on similar issues.
Yes, I've contacted our MP and got a fairly quick response saying they'd be happy to help which was nice. I don't expect it to yield much but it made me feel better to try and do something.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MPs only deal with affairs of their constituents. MP can ask a question direct to an immigration minister in the House if a matter is of more general interest.
The goal is to make them aware that the issue is not an isolated case and other direct references are available should they be needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I've contacted our MP and got a fairly quick response saying they'd be happy to help which was nice. I don't expect it to yield much but it made me feel better to try and do something.
Hope you get a positive response. Our MP was quite efficient. We got a reply from UKVI just a few days after we emailed our MP.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hope you get a positive response. Our MP was quite efficient. We got a reply from UKVI just a few days after we emailed our MP.
Yes they've been really good! Got a response today saying they spoke to UKVI and that they said they did not have a record of us having paid priority! That's really frustrating but good to know so that we can make a formal complaint after they make a decision. Don't suspect it will get us much but it'll make me feel better to do it.

Hope the response from UKVI to you was in some way useful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.