Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an online parking reservation from 21 July to 26 August. The price written on the reservation is 59 EUR. Yesterday I drove to the airport and I was trying to find the parking as it is shown in the reservation confirmation email but I couldn't find it so I went to the only parking I knew in the airport, didn't drive inside, just pulled my car near to ask for directions from the information centre. I went inside directly to the information centre and showed the lady my reservation. She had a look on it and told me to come inside and give her the parking ticket after. I drove inside, parked the car and went to her with the parking ticket. She took the ticket and wrote my reservation number on it and then gave it back to me. I wanted to make sure I will pay exactly the sum written on the reservation and asked again if the price is the one from the reservation, and I was told I have to pay more only if I'm arriving after 26 Aug. I even asked them if I can pay for the parking then and they told me I have to pay only when I take the car out

Now, after I arrived home I realised the parking where the lady from the information told me to put the car is different by the one I made the reservation. The one where my car is parked is really expensive if you don't have reservation (something like 700 EUR for 30 days)
When the lady from the information told me to come in I thought the parkings are the same considering both are called Aena Parking and I trust her considering she is from the parking site.

Also, I arrived in the parking at 16:30 and had the flight at 19:15 so I would have had enough time to drive to the other parking if the lady from the information would have told me...

I just wanted to get some advices regarding this issue and what can I do considering I was confused by the lady from the information centre. I already called them but the guy I talked to told me to send an email to the airport cause he can't do nothing. I already did send it but I'm still waiting for their reply. The thing is I want to resolve this as fast as possible considering every hour represents a big amount of money.

I will be back in Spain only on 25 August so I can't move the car from the parking but in case I can't solve it I can send the car key to someone in Spain to move it for me.

The only proof I have is lady's hand writing on the ticket, which is in the car on in the front window.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some advices regarding this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your message!

I finally resolved it by asking a spanish friend to call them and explain the situation. They understood it was a confusion and they are willing to charge me the price written on the reservation.

·
Registered
15,745 Posts
Glad it's sorted. Spain like all other countries in the European Union has strong consumer rights protection. It's often just a case of clearing up any misunderstandings first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts