Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
New on this forum,looking for information on construction in australia.I have a whole lot of questions on that subject(work in demand,opportunities,salary,equivalences etc)S o if anybody has information on that subject or is working in that sector please feel free to share.Looking for statistics but personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi nonation,

When you say you work in construction do you mean you're a builder or in another part of the industry? The reason I ask is that there are posts from builders on the forum talking about the industry if you do a search.

If you haven't already done so check out the 'PLEASE READ...' post towards the top of the this forum which has job links for checking salaries since they will vary depending on location in Oz.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a little more information about myself would be helpful.
Im 27,im a construction worker(meaning i would be seeking a job as an employee)i am a drywall man(not shure how its called in your part of the world) with legal cards in that line of work,i have been doing renovations for a general contractor for more than two years now(ceramic,carpentry,ventilation,paint,plumbing,etc).
Im willing to get extra formation here before i leave if needed.
Born in canada,montreal.Great place to live but never got used to winter and cabin fever...
Im looking for a new experience!
Im bilingual,french and english,writen and spoken(with the more than occasional bad spelling)Im able to learn new things and im a hard worker.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi nonation,

Okay, the first thing to check is that you can actually get into Australia - take a look at the 'Thinking of emigrating' sticky posts and the 'PLEASE READ......' sticky post. The DIAC website (there's a link in that post) has the visa types.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.