Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
CPM is not an occupation that requires formal professional registration in NZ that I'm aware of so there is no skill assessment organization for it. Your skills and experience will be assessed by Immigration at the relevant point in your visa application process. This is where you provide the evidence to back up your EOI points claim and Immigration check to establish whether they agree and can actually claim the points by contacting previous employers etc etc.

Reactions: ahmed0572

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you escapedtonz for the details,

Actually, I have a civil engineer degree, my experience as CPM and I have a positive assessment from Australia (CPM). Do you know if they recognize the assessment by the Australian Institutions (VETASSESS)?

Best Regards,
Ahmed Kherief

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dear Ahmed,

AOA, I am an Architectural Engineer and just applying to CPM category for vetasses assessment.
if you have done this assessment yourself please help/guide me as I am doing this without any agent help and Sooner ISA will be there.

Regards/ Omer Sheikh

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Thank you escapedtonz for the details,

Actually, I have a civil engineer degree, my experience as CPM and I have a positive assessment from Australia (CPM). Do you know if they recognize the assessment by the Australian Institutions (VETASSESS)?

Best Regards,
Ahmed Kherief
No. NZQA is the assessment authority for Immigration NZ.

Reactions: ahmed0572

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am on probably first step, I am preparing online vetassess assessment and want to submit vetassess fee in couple of days. my case is that I have done my Architectural Engineering from UET Lahore in 2005, but with supplementary that is been cleared in 2009. but I started working full time employment from 2005. first I want to get answer that will they count 2005-2009 as my working experience and 2ndly I was site engineer in 2005-2007, then from 2007-2016 I worked as regional manager (Civil, mechanical and Electrical Projects) in warid telecom, then from 2016 to still now working as Senior manager -civil engineering in PTCL, so I would be recognized as construction project manager ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Sahir,
It depends on the documents which you will provide, make sure to cover all CPM tasks in your reference letters and provide them with Organization charts which will show that you were a supervisor (you should have some people who report to you like foremen, subcontractors, fresh engineers, ect..)otherwise they will not consider all your experience.

Regarding your degree, I think you can submit both.
Best Regards,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for your Guidence, I am preparing all documents accordingly and some I alreay have. now one thing is confusing as I am applying online so when I should I submit the documents after fee paying to vetassess or before that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi For arcitects applied under CPM, what are the type of questions asked by case officer during telephonic interview?

Regards,
pwagle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts