Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[SIZEH"3"][/SIZE]

HI, does anyone know of a top quality consignment shop in either Toulouse or Bordeaux, or even PAU and Tarbes? Thanks.:)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Hello

Welcome to our forum!

I think that you are using a particularly US English word "consignment". As I Brit it means nothing to me as an adjective to "shop".

We have other thread where we have discussed UK / US English, and I don't intend to start another one here! You know who you are!

DejW

·
Registered
From the US...lived in Canada, UK, & France
1,307 Posts
HI, does anyone know of a top quality consignment shop in either Toulouse or Bordeaux, or even PAU and Tarbes? Thanks.:)
Rosemary is looking for a shop that sells used expensive / high-quality clothing (sometimes used furniture) on consignment from the owner. The shop typically takes a percentage of the sale price as its fee.

Should the items not sell within a specified period, the original owner may reclaim them (at least that's how they worked in Massachusetts where we used to live).

Ray (the American English Traducteur<s>)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

Welcome to our forum!

I think that you are using a particularly US English word "consignment". As I Brit it means nothing to me as an adjective to "shop".

We have other thread where we have discussed UK / US English, and I don't intend to start another one here! You know who you are!

DejW
It doesn't matter............. I think most people understand that consignment also covers Re-Sale too! So for those that don't am looking for a Re-SALE boutique.............. Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
There's a marvellous second hand quality clothes shop in my tiny town which is in Fumel - bit in the middle of nowhere in the Lot-et-Garonne. She takes your clothes if they're good enough and makes a note of how much she agrees to give you and you then spend it on other stuff in the shop. She just keeps a tally on the computer - works perfectly for me as I've lost 3 stones and am now 7st 1lb so all my 'big stuff' has gone there and I've literally restocked my wardrobe from her and of course the good old charity shop which is just round the corner from me. The second hand shop prices the garments according to label/name whereas the charity shop everything's the same price. I got an incredibly good designer coat the other day for 9 euros and 3 jumpers for 3 euros each:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.