Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am very new to this forum. I just turned 26 years old and am looking into best practices in the possibilities of becoming an expat of the United States.

I am nearing completion of my Masters of Science in Banking and not exactly sure where I want to go. I have never been overseas but enjoy the idea of living in the UK, Australia, or somewhere else where English is the primary language as I don't have a working knowledge of anyother language at this time.

I am primarily concerned with finding employment, cost of living in different areas, etc... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
50,382 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Actually, your best option might be to find a job in your field with an international company in the US. After a few years (which could include exposure to the various foreign offices, their personnel and their practices) you could try and maneuver a transfer overseas, which would be accompanied by the usual perks - cost of living adjustment included.

Right now is not a great time to be looking for work in the banking industry overall - for all the obvious reasons. You might have better luck in a few years, as the economy improves and with a few years of US experience under your belt.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts