Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Australia visa processing is midway and soon to get that.

I had started my visa processing for Canada also. Do I follow through Canada visa or leave that in the mid.

I am so confused. Please advise

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
How can we advise on a personal choice?

If I were you, I'd stick with going to Australia, given that you're already midway through the process and getting into Canada has become extremely difficult if you don't already have a job offer in Canada.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can we advise on a personal choice?

If I were you, I'd stick with going to Australia, given that you're already midway through the process and getting into Canada has become extremely difficult if you don't already have a job offer in Canada.
I will go to Australia first.

But do I continue processing for canada Pr so that may be later on some day I feel like going to Canada

Or should I drop out of that

Actually my ielts general test is this week in another city so I am confused to go appear for test or not

I have done payment and pcc medicals for Australia, waiting for grant

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
I'd wait until you have a definite answer from Australia and have settled in there before making a move to try to get into Canada... what would you do if you got into Australia and settled then got into Canada and decided that you liked Australia better? If you wait too long outside of Australia, you will lose your PR there and will have to start again.

You do realise that Canada is different to India as far as weather goes and most places in Canada are very cold in the winter.

As I said, it's become very difficult to gain Canadian PR if you don't have any relatives in Canada or don't have a job offer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd wait until you have a definite answer from Australia and have settled in there before making a move to try to get into Canada... what would you do if you got into Australia and settled then got into Canada and decided that you liked Australia better? If you wait too long outside of Australia, you will lose your PR there and will have to start again.

You do realise that Canada is different to India as far as weather goes and most places in Canada are very cold in the winter.

As I said, it's become very difficult to gain Canadian PR if you don't have any relatives in Canada or don't have a job offer.
Do you mean to say that I forget 30k I spent on wes assessment and ielts general booking

Or do I spend 70k more and collect PR and keep that, use if required

Will Australia and Nz be enough for next 70 years or will I need Canada PR

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Have you figured out what your score would be in Express Entry?

If it's less than 455, there is very little chance that you will get into Canada, as the lowest cut-off score was 453 a few months ago.

There is also a set number of Invitations to Apply (ITA) for any given draw (the number of ITA varies) and only the people with the highest scores are given the ITA... so if the cut off is 455 and you have 455 but there are only 800 ITA available and 1400 applicants who are eligible, the 800 applicants with the highest score will get the ITA and the bottom 600 will not.

You have up to a year in the pool before your application expires and you have to re-apply. It doesn't matter if you've been in the pool for 10 months and have not received an ITA... the CIC will not give you one just because you've been in the pool for 10 months... you have to have a high enough score in order for them to offer one to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you figured out what your score would be in Express Entry?

If it's less than 455, there is very little chance that you will get into Canada, as the lowest cut-off score was 453 a few months ago.

There is also a set number of Invitations to Apply (ITA) for any given draw (the number of ITA varies) and only the people with the highest scores are given the ITA... so if the cut off is 455 and you have 455 but there are only 800 ITA available and 1400 applicants who are eligible, the 800 applicants with the highest score will get the ITA and the bottom 600 will not.

You have up to a year in the pool before your application expires and you have to re-apply. It doesn't matter if you've been in the pool for 10 months and have not received an ITA... the CIC will not give you one just because you've been in the pool for 10 months... you have to have a high enough score in order for them to offer one to you.
Is it not possible to get job offer from job bank?

Do I try or not? If I get, will it be useful

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
It is possible to get a job, but you should remember that you are competing with everyone else in the pool plus everyone in Canada who may want to apply for the job.

Again, it's a personal choice that nobody can make for you.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.