Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows,
I am confused about ACS and its equated experience. I done my ACS last year in september the result was 4 years 6 months after 2 years of deduction. But after 5 months i switched my job i.e 4 years and 11 months in that company and started new job in similar field,

My questions is, do I have to reapply for ACS because in the previous company I didnt complete 5 years i.e just one month less.

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
That depends on when are you planning to Express your Interest / EOI.

There is a possibility your role might change from one firm to another, so instead getting rejected at a later stage, shelling out another 20k and getting it reassessed would make more sense.

PS: I was suggested to do this even when staying at the same firm if the gap is more than an year.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello fellows,
I am confused about ACS and its equated experience. I done my ACS last year in september the result was 4 years 6 months after 2 years of deduction. But after 5 months i switched my job i.e 4 years and 11 months in that company and started new job in similar field,

My questions is, do I have to reapply for ACS because in the previous company I didnt complete 5 years i.e just one month less.

Thanks
To simply put, when you switch jobs, your ACS letter will NOT contain that piece of information and is not assessed so if you are going to get points for experience you HAVE TO, get reassessed by ACS

All the best :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts