Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am in a confusing situation right now and looking for an advise that can clear my confusion. I had gone through my ACS assessment in month of July 2016, in which first 3 years of my work experience were not considered in the later period till Jun 2016 was considered, starting July 2008. As per the time period mentioned in the ACS letter, the total experience considered is equal to 93 months. Yesterday, I cleared my PTE-A exam and got 65 in all sections, and I started filling out EOI. While filling out the Work experience in EOI, I came across following queries which are so confusing.

1 - First 3 years of my work experience (from July 2005 to Jun 2008, which are totally related to my field of work) are not considered in my ACS assessment, so do I need to mention this period in EOI as my relevant work experience? OR I can mention this period in EOI but as not relevant work experience?

2 - While considering my work experience as per ACS assessment (from July 2008 to Jun 2016, total 93 months), currently aged 35, having Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, and PTE-A score of 65, my total score showing up in EOI is 60 for SkillSelect 189.

3 - While considering my work experience as per ACS assessment (from July 2008 only) and filling the current employment to date (i.e. Nov 2016), and having filled all other details as per point 2, my score is showing up 65, which I want to be claimed.

This is a very confusing situation for me. Shall I go ahead with what is mentioned in point 3, OR should I re-do my ACS assessment with these additional months of work experience (from July 2016 to Nov 2016), which will definitely make me fall in the band of 8 year experience (96 months).

I am looking forward for an expert advise.

Thanks in advance.
Sohail

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
1. you should provide detail of that period and mark as not relevant

2 & 3 - if you are working in same company, same role then keep end date in current employment as blank, i hope that will give you 65 points

ACS report marks relevant employment upto the date/month of assessment, it is on us to claim points based on that assessment, i repeat if you are in same role, same company then go ahead as mentioned above

PS : i am not an expert, but this is how it moves

Reactions: muhsoh

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. you should provide detail of that period and mark as not relevant

2 & 3 - if you are working in same company, same role then keep end date in current employment as blank, i hope that will give you 65 points

ACS report marks relevant employment upto the date/month of assessment, it is on us to claim points based on that assessment, i repeat if you are in same role, same company then go ahead as mentioned above

PS : i am not an expert, but this is how it moves
Thanks my friend. I was also of same view that if anyone does ACS a year earlier and after one year, he goes for EOI then for past one year work experience, he will not go for ACS again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
i am an electrical engineer. I have added my work exp as 3 yrs which includes my training period also. it is with the same company i m currently working with. I have claimed points for tht. I have already got an invite will they grant me a visa

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Thanks my friend. I was also of same view that if anyone does ACS a year earlier and after one year, he goes for EOI then for past one year work experience, he will not go for ACS again.
Yes provided he is working in same company, same role

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts