Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am planning to moving to Australia with an Independent Skilled Immigration VISA. For that I have completed my skills assessment from ICAA and CPA Oz and got IELTS result today with 7 band score.

I am 27 years of age and a qualified Chartered Accountant. I understand that i have gained 55 points (30 for age+ 15 for local qualification+ 10 for IELTS)so far. I require another 5 points for gaining eligibility for Skilled Independent VISA.

For that I am planning to gain 5 sponsorship points from my brother who is a Aus citizen and lives in PErth. ALternatively I can gain the same points from either of the two cousins: one resides in Sydney , the other in Melbourne.

My confusion is will I still be able to gain Independent VISA or not after gaining sponsorship.

PLease help me out here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no relative sponsorship for independent visas.

You can either proceed with 190 (State Sponsored), 489 (Family Sponsored) or 489 (State Sponsored). I listed them from most favourable to least.
Ok. So can I obtain sponsorship from my Brother who is in Perth. And Will I still qualify for Independent VISA??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aus Immi - Difference between State Nominated and Family Sponsored VISA

Dear All,

I am planning to move to Australia. I wanted to know if my Brother who lives in Perth Australia can sponsor me for 5 points that I need. Alternatively I have two cousins one in Melbourne and other in Sydney. Can they be eligible to sponsor me.??

Further is this the same nomination as state nominated. That is will the same rules as those of state nominated visas apply??

Please advice.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Ok. So can I obtain sponsorship from my Brother who is in Perth. And Will I still qualify for Independent VISA??
What part of "there is no relative sponsorship for independent visas. " is not clear, bro?

A visa is EITHER independent OR sponsored/nominated

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of "there is no relative sponsorship for independent visas. " is not clear, bro?

A visa is EITHER independent OR sponsored/nominated
Thanks for clarifying Expat. What are the conditions attached to sponsored visa. Same as nominated VISA?? Especially the one regarding 2 year initial stay??

Does it apply to sponsorship VISA as well??

And can you pl share the link as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Have you looked on the Australian immigration site?

They would have the most relevant (i.e. correct) information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts