Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
You dont get points for assessment.
You can claim points for your Age, Experience ( Years assessed as relevant skilled), Education, IELTS, Spouse Points, State Sponsorship.

May be if you give more details about your assessment, people can comment

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
points or not

I can claim points for following:
# Age group 25-32 - 30 points
# Masters degree (IT major) - 15 points
# ACS assessment - 10 points or not ?
# Nomination by state - 5 points

My query - As per DIAC 190 Skilled Nominated visa page, in qualifications column, it is written that an award or qualification recognized by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation gets 10 points. So, do we get those points ? Thanks to everyone who replies in my thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
points or not

Thanks for the reply. I haven't filed for ACS assessment yet. I also want to tell that I got 6.5 overall in IELTS with each section 6 or above. Let me ask what are the possible replies of ACS ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hello Geeks, you havent done your ground work yet. ACS wont award points, it will tell you the number of years you are skilled and those years will give points.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
points or not

Thank you very much for the reply. Please tell the ground work you are referring to. Secondly, what is "An award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation" as written on DIAC 190 visa page ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts